Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine is 423xxx as well - so finger's crossed... but besides the VIN in source I'm patiently waiting...
I guess the question becomes, what does one do if delivery is in the last half of August... can one ask them to keep it till Sept? I reckon it will just be assigned to someone else... and one might be unlucky and not get one in the September batches...

Is that because of the 69 plate or the possibility of the delivery charge being axed?

I want the new registration for maximum residual value, since trade price books and consumer price guides always go off year and plate, not specific months. It's not going to make a huge difference after 3 or 4 years, but I don't really want to effectively add 4 months worth of extra chronological depreciation for the sake of waiting a week or two longer for the new plate. We are also on holiday until the last week of August.

I had asked to put a note on my account to delay until Sept (just for busyness reasons) so they can do that much. I called them today to have them remove the note though, busyness be damned, if my car is ready in August I want it :p

Just called Tesla as having called to modify my P- order to a LR AWD last Tuesday I hadn’t yet received an updated order agreement in my account. They said it would be 2-3 days so I called today for an update. Two pieces of good news:

1: The modification to LR AWD was confirmed and in the system, my order agreement paperwork is playing catch-up and will be with me “in a few days”.

2. The VIN number (ending 424xxx) that appeared in my account source code on Wednesday last week was confirmed as being a VIN number for my revised specification LR AWD car and it was now “locked in”. “Congratulations” said the nice Tesla person :) I was told this meant that my car was on a ship and on it’s way and they expected it to land in Europe in about 4 weeks. Not sure what ship it’s on but I need to start paying more attention to these ship tracking threads :)

Reactions: TestPilot and dst87
We are also on holiday until the last week of August.
Haha just as Im typing this I get a Text: “Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is almost here. Your Model 3 is estimated to be delivered between 12/8 and 25/8 in London, Heathrow. Your invoice will be available shortly. Please prepare for payment.”

...how can one be super excited and conflicted at the same time...

Ok what de hell - we’ll take it in August.. that's 2 extra weeks of testing the P- (and annoying my father-in-law by exceeding his Mazzo... ;D )

Haha just as Im typing this I get a Text: “Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is almost here. Your Model 3 is estimated to be delivered between 12/8 and 25/8 in London, Heathrow. Your invoice will be available shortly. Please prepare for payment.”

...how can one be super excited and conflicted at the same time...

Ok what de hell - we’ll take it in August.. that's 2 extra weeks of testing the P- (and annoying my father-in-law by exceeding his Mazzo... ;D )

And I was reading this I got exactly the same text! Well, same dates but different delivery SC - Birmingham for me. Woohoo :D

I’m happy with a 19 plate, I frankly could not give a damn whether it’s 19 or 69 so will happily take delivery in August. If it slips into early September so be it, but now I’m getting actually excited. No conflict here at all.

Reactions: TestPilot
And I was reading this I got exactly the same text! Well, same dates but different delivery SC - Birmingham for me. Woohoo :D

I’m happy with a 19 plate, I frankly could not give a damn whether it’s 19 or 69 so will happily take delivery in August. If it slips into early September so be it, but now I’m getting actually excited. No conflict here at all.

I don't get it, my booking invoice number is 3600 and interbear is 4800. He got the text and I haven't. Me so sad :(

Reactions: mab74
I don't get it, my booking invoice number is 3600 and interbear is 4800. He got the text and I haven't. Me so sad :(

Me also so sad.

My booking number 200, with reservation... no VIN, no text

But I fully understand it. There isn’t a single queue. There’s about 40 queues with different configurations, and you just need to be lucky enough to have chosen the right one.

Pretty sure my tow bar and white interior has screwed me over.

Ho hum... September it is then

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
Me also so sad.

My booking number 200, with reservation... no VIN, no text

But I fully understand it. There isn’t a single queue. There’s about 40 queues with different configurations, and you just need to be lucky enough to have chosen the right one.

Pretty sure my tow bar and white interior has screwed me over.

Ho hum... September it is then
I suspect early reservation has been the main driver for these allocations (as I believe they should be). Many of us have been waiting 3.5 years...