Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, I've not had a text that confirms delivery. Is that what 'The Text' is?

I do however have a VIN in source code (that was taken away and put back) and have had a call from Tesla in Amsterdam confirming all my details and telling me delivery will be in mid-August.

I've also been in an email three-way betwixt Tesla NL and my finance broker and can confirm that all the details from that three-way are now in the source code too.

I'm inclined to believe that texts aren't the be-all and end-all.

I think luck appears to have played a part, logic appears to be lacking here. But I’ll accept it :)

I didn’t order FSD, just the standard AP.

And I don’t have a trade-in or any finance so perhaps that’s playing a part in accelerating my order?

Ordering a red one might have been a factor too. It's a relatively expensive option, so probably not that many orders. But obviously depends how many they actually sprayed in red too!

Anyway, so many factors affecting delivery other than reservation, which has probably now become nothing more than a tie-breaker for customers with identical spec and delivery SC. We should note that when reservations started back in 2016, Tesla were then working on a custom order basis, so at that point it made perfect sense. The change to a post production VIN matching process is very recent.

Ordering a red one might have been a factor too. It's a relatively expensive option, so probably not that many orders. But obviously depends how many they actually sprayed in red too!

Anyway, so many factors affecting delivery other than reservation, which has probably now become nothing more than a tie-breaker for customers with identical spec and delivery SC. We should note that when reservations started back in 2016, Tesla were then working on a custom order basis, so at that point it made perfect sense. The change to a post production VIN matching process is very recent.

interbear was replying to my message re: the fact I'd ordered the same colour/ spec/ no financing or trade in (except that I had FSD on my order), but I ordered 12th May compared to a June order (both no reservation) and I don't have a delivery confirmed and only got a source code vin a couple of days ago. Which is fine, but just adds more mystery to how they schedule deliveries!

Apparently some towbar VINs have been allocated (\o/), they allocate a batch of VINs each night, and all the VINs on the 2 incoming boat have not yet been allocated. So keep an eye everyone!

Interesting to know if these were tow bar orders from May or since the LR has been reintroduced I think probably May as Tesla don't seem to have updated most of the new orders yet...

interbear was replying to my message re: the fact I'd ordered the same colour/ spec/ no financing or trade in (except that I had FSD on my order), but I ordered 12th May compared to a June order (both no reservation) and I don't have a delivery confirmed and only got a source code vin a couple of days ago. Which is fine, but just adds more mystery to how they schedule deliveries!

Same delivery location?

Glovis Champion has left San Francisco and is on its way to the Panama Canal to transit through on 1 August.
Meanwhile Glovis Prime has arrived.
Quite what SFL Conductor is up to is anyone's guess.

My hope is that it is queueing. Glovis Prime seemed to spend a while outside LA waiting for Glovis Champion to depart.

Let's hope they are both headed this way as I ordered late, but I doubt it.

Meanwhile Glovis Prime has arrived.

Based on its size, and the fact that Tesla normally alternate EU/China ships I'd say that Glovis Prime is destined for China.

Quite what SFL Conductor is up to is anyone's guess.

Holding pattern waiting for Glovis Prime to finish up and leave, or possibly just not Tesla-related. If I had to wager money I'd say that it's either nothing to do with Tesla, or is going to pick up Au/JP/ etc. cars after Glovis Prime. There's plenty of time to get Prime & Conductor through and fired off and still have another EU ship in two weeks time which is the normal pattern - much as we'd like it to be more frequent.