Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get it, my booking invoice number is 3600 and interbear is 4800. He got the text and I haven't. Me so sad :(

I apologise. Even though it’s not actually my fault but that of the Tesla gods :) And I have no idea why this is, other than whatever I ordered happens to be on a boat so they can match it to what they’ve built and get money off me quickly. I’m sure it’s as simple as that.

What did you order? Mine is a standard LR AWD, Red, Black interior, Aeros. No fancy wheels. No white interior. No Towbar. And no finance or trade in either. Simple cash deal.

I had a VIN and it was cruelly taken away a couple of weeks ago in the big reallocation. Didn't have one this morning, but I do now! From the July 3rd batch, 440XXX.

No text, no email, no final invoice. So, presumably, on the next ship...

Me also so sad.

My booking number 200, with reservation... no VIN, no text

But I fully understand it. There isn’t a single queue. There’s about 40 queues with different configurations, and you just need to be lucky enough to have chosen the right one.

Pretty sure my tow bar and white interior has screwed me over.

Ho hum... September it is then
For me, it just goes to show that the reservation meant nothing and they took the £1000 just because they could. They should've warned that a reservation payment would only be any benefit if you happen to order a specification they have speculatively built. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a lot longer than others. Bitter...me...noooo

Reactions: BogBeast and mab74
Those with texts are on Ace. Champion won't arrive soon enough for deliveries 12th-25th August.

Deliveries from Champion should be from w/c 26th August-ish

VINs are more complicated. Pretty sure there has been a VIN allocation done for some cars loaded onto Champion already, so some people with VINs will have their car on Champion. If you have a VIN, but no text, probably Champion.

Reactions: -DB-
Those with texts are on Ace. Champion won't arrive soon enough for deliveries 12th-25th August.

Deliveries from Champion should be from w/c 26th August-ish

VINs are more complicated. Pretty sure there has been a VIN allocation done for some cars loaded onto Champion already, so some people with VINs will have their car on Champion. If you have a VIN, but no text, probably Champion.
No VIN, no text!

God knows when I will see my car!

Reactions: Rooster6655
Same. Had a reservation since April 2016, ordered as soon as I could on May 12th. Feeling a bit left out/mugged off right now.

As you have a right to be. Happy for interbear that he got his car but I fail to see any justification that he has had his before you. (Of course, the state of Tesla organisation being what it is, you may yet get a text for a car on the ace.)

I guess it possible that they could build your car in time for the boat due to some specific part shortage, still Teslas fault because, well, logistics .. but hey, unfortunately, that happens. But that's for them to explain to you and say sorry in a process that's referred to "communicating with your customer who is likely spending a crapload of money - possibly the 2nd largest purchase they have made in their life"

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get your "reservation" money back.

I apologise. Even though it’s not actually my fault but that of the Tesla gods :) And I have no idea why this is, other than whatever I ordered happens to be on a boat so they can match it to what they’ve built and get money off me quickly. I’m sure it’s as simple as that.

What did you order? Mine is a standard LR AWD, Red, Black interior, Aeros. No fancy wheels. No white interior. No Towbar. And no finance or trade in either. Simple cash deal.

I ordered P+ Metallic Blue with White interior. Changed from AWD Pearl Paint when performance price dropped first time.

No apology needed, I'm very happy for you. :)

Reactions: interbear

Interestingly that's exactly the same spec and situation as me (except I added FSD, which you didn't mention but shouldn't really affect deliveries as it's a software option). I ordered May 12th, no reservation. Only got a vin in source code 2 days ago and no contact re: delivery beyond that (as yet anyway). Maybe you did get lucky!

Interestingly that's exactly the same spec and situation as me (except I added FSD, which you didn't mention but shouldn't really affect deliveries as it's a software option). I ordered May 12th, no reservation. Only got a vin in source code 2 days ago and no contact re: delivery beyond that (as yet anyway). Maybe you did get lucky!

I think luck appears to have played a part, logic appears to be lacking here. But I’ll accept it :)

I didn’t order FSD, just the standard AP.

And I don’t have a trade-in or any finance so perhaps that’s playing a part in accelerating my order?

I think luck appears to have played a part, logic appears to be lacking here. But I’ll accept it :)

I didn’t order FSD, just the standard AP.

And I don’t have a trade-in or any finance so perhaps that’s playing a part in accelerating my order?

Yeah me neither - I did originally get a trade in quote, but removed it from my order after about a week or two, so still before you had even placed your order. Perhaps they are queuing FSD models separately....or perhaps they're just making it up as they go along!

I am now going to spend the afternoon at work trying not to be bitter ;)

I'm happy for all those that got the text. I think we are all as eager as each other. I never expected mine until the end of this year, but seeing deliveries and the buzz around them makes me want mine more lol..

Last edited:
There was the guy on facebook who ordered, no reservation, got a vin 3 days later and now has the delivery text. Total time to delivery less than a month. That was a P+ MSM. There aren't that many configurations.. a lot of them (like FSD) are pure software and don't affect delivery. For it to be a queue we would have to believe they've fulfilled all the orders for that combination and are now completely caught up.

If you take the order delivery spreadsheet and sort by reservation there doesn't seem to be much correlation. Someone could probably do the maths but it looks close to random to me.