Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, while VIN/ship tracking was useful when there was very little progress, and no comms from Tesla it's becoming less useful.

More relevant now is that delivery windows have been sent out as far ahead as 22nd September. If you haven't received one yet you're probably looking at a date after that, unless you're fortunate enough to pick up a car that someone else can't collect.
Tow bar, so probably not :-(

Thumb twiddling intensifies.

Thanks for the help all

I highly doubt that all delivery windows have been allocated for the end of September this would imply Tesla is that efficient :/

Yeah the number of September delivery windows has been low that I've seen, and there's also been quite a few "surprise, your pick up is tomorrow" reports. I think Tesla are working to a narrower forward timeline recently.

I have a theory. It's probably rubbish, but here goes...

When VINs are initially allocated, do they take into account any options, like 19" wheels etc? That info isn't in the VIN. So I have a hunch that people seeing VINs early, and then losing them are being allocated cars that have these options (unbeknownst to those (3rd party?) doing the allocation), and then when they get off the ship in Zeebrugge, they're being re-allocated to customers who have ordered those options. I've seen reports on this forum where people with options that don't reflect in the VIN have had no VIN at all until the very last minute when they get a delivery date out of the blue.

We all assume the people doing the allocation know everything, i.e. they have a list of VINs and what options that car has. I suspect that's not the case.

Also, while VIN/ship tracking was useful when there was very little progress, and no comms from Tesla it's becoming less useful.

You're assuming comms from tesla have improved. They still don't answer emails, they still take 2 hours to answer the phone, if you're lucky.

If I hadn't chased them I wouldn't have a delivery window.. I'd had a VIN for 1.5 weeks at that point . Given I had to chase so hard even to get that I'm not sure I believe it so still check the VIN daily to make sure it hasn't vanished. I fully expect I won't get a delivery date or an invoice until the day before..

Reactions: Rooster6655
I'm sure you're right, but as they work through the system it means some people with no date today are still going to get a car before 22 September.

Yes this is what I believe, to expect Tesla to have been super efficient allocating thousands of cars in a short space of time is expecting a little too much. They likely will be staging the deliveries so the ones that have been sent out, they will aim to deliver these first and then send more rounds of delivery windows out. Word on the street is that they are expecting to have delivered 4k-5k this quarter which would be a lot of the initial orders I expect and will most likely include many people who ordered in July.

There are 6 weeks left until the end of the quarter you can guarantee they want to get as many delivered by that quarter end, so makes little sense to not have planned the deliveries for these cars given the timeline from order to delivery.

There is also no excuse to deliver a car to someone who ordered in July without a reservation when people who have had a reservation for over 3 years for exactly the same spec. still have no delivery window.

Also, I recognise the irony of the message you get when you call the delivery team:

"...we appreciate your patience..... your call will be answered in the order it was received."

Very true! Do you have a specific example of that happenning?
Yes.
One in particular on the FB Group yesterday. Exactly same spec. as mine, picking up today from same SC as me. He ordered in July and had no reservation.

I think there's just a computer somewhere randomly assigning VINs to orders.
I can't see any other evidence that it's being done in a fair way at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: RjbT3
You're assuming comms from tesla have improved. They still don't answer emails, they still take 2 hours to answer the phone, if you're lucky.

If I hadn't chased them I wouldn't have a delivery window.. I'd had a VIN for 1.5 weeks at that point . Given I had to chase so hard even to get that I'm not sure I believe it so still check the VIN daily to make sure it hasn't vanished. I fully expect I won't get a delivery date or an invoice until the day before..

@Tony Hoyle Actually, I've held off bombarding them with calls and emails to try and find out what's happening, but I do feel it's way beyond a joke now so interested to hear how your chasing conversation went with them to see if it might be the right thing for me to try now.

@Tony Hoyle Actually, I've held off bombarding them with calls and emails to try and find out what's happening, but I do feel it's way beyond a joke now so interested to hear how your chasing conversation went with them to see if it might be the right thing for me to try now.

They have repeatedly said that they are prioritising reservation holders, so absolutely you should contact them on that basis if you're seeing the opposite happening at the SC you're collecting from.