Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense, figured they would try and get as many cars over here before Brexit. I wonder if the Grand Pioneer will make it in time. Brexit could be the reason they were seperating RHD Model 3s at Pier 80 - perhaps in order for cars to make it to the UK/Ireland before 31st Oct the ship unloads European M3s in Zeebrugge and keeps the RHD ones on board, then goes direct to the UK.
if they do it would be good they have a week to land in before that causes serious issues I guess as theyd be landing here from Europe later if it takes any longer.

I called Stockport today to try and find out when I'll actually get my car.

They said it should be on a ship arriving late October. She said that most pre-August orders should be cleared by this shipment.

Not sure how true it is but we'll see.

I see Cowpring beat me to it with the announcement of Grand Pioneer's arrival earlier ;)

Some additional information seen on Twitter:
Grand Pioneer is going to be heading for Zeebrugge

According to @whitfletcher:
- Mostly LHD on the pier but there are a few (100+) RHD
- "Pier 80 SFO. As quiet as it was yesterday, it's a bee hive here today. 16 trucks unloading at same time (a record for me) and area where loaders park is full. 90% 3's, rest X. Haven't seen an S in awhile. All LHD. Pioneer is taking inventory."

Next scheduled arrivals for port 80:
Oct 12 - Morning Christina (currently heading from Hueneme to Richmond)
Oct 14 - Gentle Leader (currently heading to San Francisco, last update 10 days ago)
Oct 19 - TBD
Oct 22 - TBD

Also hoping my car's on the Grand Dahlia - ordered 27th August like tsh2.
Thank you

Another update to the ships, a few of those TBD ones have been named and given SF arrival dates:

The Morning Christina - Due at SF 12th October
Gentle Leader - Due at SF 14th October
Jasper Arrow - Due at SF 19th October
TBD - Due at SF 22nd October

No word on final destinations for the above.

Grand Dahlia still underway to Zeebrugge, still due at Panama on Sunday.
Grand Pioneer is at Pier 80, perhaps still loading.

A lot of ships on their way within this month. In the past the most ships that have arrived at SF in the first month of a quarter was four - we're at 6 already. Looks like Tesla is looking to deliver LOTS of orders within the next month.

Got what is I presume is a standard text message today:

Good afternoon James, Your Tesla account has been completed. Thanks! We will now assume that all entered info is accurate and proceed with your delivery. Pickup will be in xxxxxxx; Payment method is Cash transfer; and no Trade-in. Respond to this SMS if you wish to modify your order or if the info is incorrect. Thanks!

No idea if this adds up to anything.

SR+ white with black interior (i.e. totally stock). Ordered first few days of September so I’m surprised I’m getting a text. No VIN on the docs yet.

who knows ‍♂️

Looks like that text message is the equivalent of the phone call I got a couple of weeks after ordering which is just to confirm my order details.

Morning Christina has recently departed from Richmond (shows Hueneme as previous port for some reason). Heading for San Francisco.

Anyone know when we can expect Grand Dahlia to appear on the map again? I'm guessing it'll be when it's close to Panama. Will be interesting to see if it heads directly for the UK. If it's loaded mainly with RHD I have a feeling it just might...

It could head direct to the UK, that would be amazing.Although the Carriers spreadsheet says the destination is Zeebrugge, but perhaps could go to the UK first...maybe...

Would be due to Brexit if that is the case - who knows what's going to happen after 31st October, I'd imagine Tesla are trying to get as many cars here before then as possible. Could be the reason for the abnormally high amount of ships earlier in the quarter.

But as with Tesla...who knows...sometimes not even Tesla...lol

Looks like that text message is the equivalent of the phone call I got a couple of weeks after ordering which is just to confirm my order details.

Morning Christina has recently departed from Richmond (shows Hueneme as previous port for some reason). Heading for San Francisco.

Anyone know when we can expect Grand Dahlia to appear on the map again? I'm guessing it'll be when it's close to Panama. Will be interesting to see if it heads directly for the UK. If it's loaded mainly with RHD I have a feeling it just might...
Fair enough. did seem a little odd as I filled in all the details and haven’t changed anything at all for weeks. Ah well.... back to staring at the wall or counting my toes.

It could head direct to the UK, that would be amazing.Although the Carriers spreadsheet says the destination is Zeebrugge, but perhaps could go to the UK first...maybe...

Would be due to Brexit if that is the case - who knows what's going to happen after 31st October, I'd imagine Tesla are trying to get as many cars here before then as possible. Could be the reason for the abnormally high amount of ships earlier in the quarter.

But as with Tesla...who knows...sometimes not even Tesla...lol

You'd think so, but there's a chance, a good chance, Tesla aren't even aware of Brexit :eek::D

Final invoice says pay in full 7 days before delivery. I would not be paying any sooner.

Do a trial transfer (we did £1 + £2 as it was coming from different accounts) for each bank account and invoice number then just allow enough time to drip feed money into the account several days before. You can actually check the money arriving in the account via looking at the source code - plenty of posts saying how.

You can ignore the 7 day bit but personally would not leave it until the day but I have heard a few have.

Also, if someone from Tesla says that they can see the money being transferred and you only have another ££££ to pay, don’t trust the ££££ they say and work it out for yourself. Tesla were ££££ short in what they thought we owed and it was not because of drip feeding as their records matched ours.

A friend was told at the start of the month that his car would arrive on 21st October. Apparently this has now been pushed back a week.
Just mentioning as it could be an indication of when Grand Dahlia is likely to deliver.

Grand Pioneer is still moored, with Morning Christina anchored nearby.
Gentle Leader is expected to arrive in San Francisco 14th.

According to whitfletcher on Twitter: "Deck has increased #'s and new cars are being put in overflow area. 10+ trucks unloading."

Grand Pioneer destination now set to Balboa (Panama Canal). I guess it will be on its way soon.

Attachments

• 764BD088-E3F1-4C61-AE81-222B10E1D29D.jpeg
    764BD088-E3F1-4C61-AE81-222B10E1D29D.jpeg
    639.9 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: pmg102