Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grand Dahlia currently

dahlia.jpg

I ordered from inventory on Friday afternoon (from a big batch that popped up and disappeared not long after), and today I have a final invoice with a VIN (which matches the VIN from the inventory page that I noted down before ordering). The delivery date (at Dartford) on the final invoice is saying 14-Nov. Is that date meaningful or is it literally just "30 days from today"? Is there any way of getting a slightly better idea of when I'm going to get my car, and/or where it is?

I ordered from inventory on Friday afternoon (from a big batch that popped up and disappeared not long after), and today I have a final invoice with a VIN (which matches the VIN from the inventory page that I noted down before ordering). The delivery date (at Dartford) on the final invoice is saying 14-Nov. Is that date meaningful or is it literally just "30 days from today"? Is there any way of getting a slightly better idea of when I'm going to get my car, and/or where it is?
I did the same on Thursday past but my estimated delivery is 6-Nov. I'll only pay 7 days out and once a pick-up time has been confirmed with me.

Grand Dahlia is now transitting the Panama Canal and will clear the last set of locks later today. It's AIS transponder is now showing Zeebrugge as its destination (there was speculation that it might go direct to Southampton) with an ETA of 08:00 26 Oct.
There will undoubtedly be a push to get UK bound vehicles off the dock and into the UK before Brexit complicates the situation and so expect some undercharged deliveries at the end of the month.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and pmg102
My friend who's waiting for his M3 has been told his will be delivered on the 28th October - which ties in fairly well with Grand Dahlia (nothing is arriving sooner as far as I know?)

I think his employer had some kind of scheme he ordered through (whether that makes any difference as to the available information - e.g. I ordered directly with Tesla, who have told me ETA 7th/8th November but "very likely" to be earlier so I'm expecting it will likely be the same ship given that Grand Pioneer seems likely to be mostly LHD and the inventory car I ordered popped up after Grand Dahlia set off)