Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 23rd August and I've not seen a VIN, so if there's a date cut off, I could be in the same batch as you.

The next boat (Grand Pioneer) hits Panama in 2 days, so I guess we'll know then. If not, we're in for a long wait as nothing else has left since.
Would be very interetested to see if you get assigned a VIN when the Pioneer arrives in Panama. If so it would likely suggest the following:

All orders placed before approx 18th August are on the Grand Dahlia
All orders placed after approx 18th August are on the Grand Pioneer

The website still says estimated delivery in November. Could be that every current UK outstanding order is on the above two ships.

I'll be fuming if my car isn't on either of the above. And dissapointed if not on the Dahlia.

Fingers crossed. This wait is the absolute worst.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
All orders placed before approx 18th August are on the Grand Dahlia
All orders placed after approx 18th August are on the Grand Pioneer

Order dates have little to do with when cars arrive. Thats why there are still a few May orders still being waited on.

Tesla don't make cars to order, they make what they want to make. Then people who have ordered what they have made will be allocated a car based upon some criteria that only Tesla know and which can seem illogical and can change from time to time. However it is believed that it is based upon specification and options, location, reservation date, order date and simply luck of the draw.

Reactions: Roy W.
this is a dam yoyo the vin is back again and im sure its the sane number as before. all this and still a week before dahlia hits zebrugge waters.

question is: how long until invoices start poping up is it whaen the ship hits the dock or when the car enters uk?

I still haven't seen any VIN appear/disappear for my order placed 7th Aug, White/Blk interior no extras SR+ !

I'm hoping the real VIN allocation is still to happen, but doesn't look like ill be on the Grand Dahlia,

Anyone Know when the Grand Pioneer is due in the UK, im guessing end Nov??

ETA for Grand Dahlia to arrive in Zeebrugge has been brought forward by a few hours.
Still expected on 26th October.

Interestingly there is apparently a ship carrying Teslas expected in Southampton on the 28th:
SuperFurry on Twitter

I'm assuming we will probably see something relevant appear on the Southampton "planned movements" page within the next few days:
Planned Movements - Southampton VTS - ABP Southampton

My car's due "early November" (according to e-mail today) but no info as to which ship it's on. Originally was given 7th/8th November as a date and told "very likely sooner". So I've been keeping a close eye in particular on Grand Dahlia's progress as I suspect my car's on it :D

Grand Pioneer expected at Panama canal on 20th. If I happen to be around at the time I'll see if I can snag some pictures from the canal webcams.

Gentle Leader still moored at pier 80. Must be getting a good fill! SFGate indicated that this would depart yesterday but its destination was unknown and Morten Grove commented that SFGate's lists are sometimes wrong.

Apparently the pier has been "full to near capacity" since the start of Q4 (@whitfletcher on Twitter). The most recent picture of the pier I have seen on Twitter (from 2 days ago) shows what looks like mostly white cars. Some RHD among them apparently.

Jasper Arrow expected at San Francisco tomorrow (19th).

Glovis Cosmos has been identified as a potential future arrival (expected at San Francisco on 26th):
⛴ Morten Grove on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: pmg102 and Latibes
Great work Nightowl. I'm expecting / hoping mine is on the Grand Dahlia too. Do you know how long it should take from Zee to Southampton?
ETA for Grand Dahlia to arrive in Zeebrugge has been brought forward by a few hours.
Still expected on 26th October.

Interestingly there is apparently a ship carrying Teslas expected in Southampton on the 28th:
SuperFurry on Twitter

I'm assuming we will probably see something relevant appear on the Southampton "planned movements" page within the next few days:
Planned Movements - Southampton VTS - ABP Southampton

My car's due "early November" (according to e-mail today) but no info as to which ship it's on. Originally was given 7th/8th November as a date and told "very likely sooner". So I've been keeping a close eye in particular on Grand Dahlia's progress as I suspect my car's on it :D

Grand Pioneer expected at Panama canal on 20th. If I happen to be around at the time I'll see if I can snag some pictures from the canal webcams.

Gentle Leader still moored at pier 80. Must be getting a good fill! SFGate indicated that this would depart yesterday but its destination was unknown and Morten Grove commented that SFGate's lists are sometimes wrong.

Apparently the pier has been "full to near capacity" since the start of Q4 (@whitfletcher on Twitter). The most recent picture of the pier I have seen on Twitter (from 2 days ago) shows what looks like mostly white cars. Some RHD among them apparently.

Jasper Arrow expected at San Francisco tomorrow (19th).

Glovis Cosmos has been identified as a potential future arrival (expected at San Francisco on 26th):
⛴ Morten Grove on Twitter

SuperFurry on Twitter
Perhaps this means the Grand Dahlia will stop in Zeebruge to unload LHD Model 3’s for mainland Europe, and then carry on to Southampton to unload the bulk of its cargo - RHD for the UK. Would ensure the cars are here before Brexit and 2 days between Zeebrugge and Southampton would probably be about right. Tesla are going to get a huge amount of cancellations if Brexit holds up a ship of thousands of Model 3s for an undetermined amount of time, would be a potential disaster for them in the UK.

I still reckon all orders up to late August will be fulfilled on the next two ships. Regardless of spec and delivery location, there are loads of RHD Model 3s about to arrive here.

Just don’t expect the cars to have any charge in them when they are delivered!

Last edited:
Great work Nightowl. I'm expecting / hoping mine is on the Grand Dahlia too. Do you know how long it should take from Zee to Southampton?

Hard to say really. There's three potential scenarios:

1. Grand Dahlia goes to Zeebrugge, cars are offloaded there and charged up before being placed on one or more different ships destined for the UK (possibly different ports depending on which location within the UK the cars are heading.) There's dedicated charging facilities at Zeebrugge to cater for many cars which tends to be why that's the first port of call. This takes the longest.

2. Grand Dahlia goes to Zeebrugge, cars for Europe are offloaded and charged, while cars for UK remain onboard and then Grand Dahlia heads for Southampton (as we saw with some ships that arrived close to end-of-quarter last month.) As Cowpring suggests, in this case the cars won't have much charge in them as they won't have used the charging facilities at Zeebrugge. This saves a few days (2 to 4 maybe, possibly a little longer?)

3. Grand Dahlia makes a detour en route to Zeebrugge and goes to Southampton first. Unlikely and I don't think I've seen this happen yet but could probably make the ship get here before it's current in Zeebrugge ETA. If it's mostly RHD it might be reasonable to do this - but again the cars would not have been charged.

I suspect there'll be a fair amount of shipping in general happening between EU/UK to try and get as many outstanding goods imported/exported before Brexit so this could be keeping whatever ships are used for scenario 1 busy, and also make the ports more busy than usual. This is guesswork on my part though.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring
unle
Perhaps this means the Grand Dahlia will stop in Zeebruge to unload LHD Model 3’s for mainland Europe, and then carry on to Southampton to unload the bulk of its cargo - RHD for the UK. Would ensure the cars are here before Brexit and 2 days between Zeebrugge and Southampton would probably be about right. Tesla are going to get a huge amount of cancellations if Brexit holds up a ship of thousands of Model 3s for an undetermined amount of time, would be a potential disaster for them in the UK.

I still reckon all orders up to late August will be fulfilled on the next two ships. Regardless of spec and delivery location, there are loads of RHD Model 3s about to arrive here.

Just don’t expect the cars to have any charge in them when they are delivered!
ss they do it the other way around? and all rhd are on the one arriving a week later?

Grand Pioneer is approaching the Panama Canal

Interestingly no new "existing inventory" on the Tesla website (in contrast to what happened whilst Grand Dahlia was on its way toward Panama) which could correspond to there being less RHD on this ship. Could just be that all of the RHDs on this ship are expected to be matched to existing orders. Keep an eye out for VIN allocations in the next couple of days :)

Jasper Arrow has moored at pier 80 within the past hour.

• Informative
Reactions: Jetex Jim