Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you checked with a vin checker it’s definitely a model 3

There seem to be about 5 places a vin can end up in the source code. We got a vin in our source code and it’s to do with trade in.

If you look at all source code files, you end up with an inventory model x

If you have an iPhone there is a way to view source once you create a special bookmark. You know, so like me, you can check another 10 days a day now!

Unfortunately, I would rather not. there is some personal info in that source code/.

One thing to note is that the javascript being used here sends the page to the michelsen.dk server for processing, if you’re not comfortable with that there are other solutions out there but they won’t highlight the syntax and aren’t nearly as elegant overall.

Last edited:
VIN assigned in website Source Code today, (checked & shows as Model 3) no SMS/Email yet.

Spec: Performance+, Black, White interior, no FSD
Reserved: April 2017
Ordered: May 1 (07xx order number)

Are we suspecting that these new VINs are those coming off today at Zeebrugge?

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
VIN assigned in website Source Code today, (checked & shows as Model 3) no SMS/Email yet.

Spec: Performance+, Black, White interior, no FSD
Reserved: April 2017
Ordered: May 1 (07xx order number)

Are we suspecting that these new VINs are those coming off today at Zeebrugge?
Where did you hear cars are unloading at Zeebrugge today?

Can you guys let me know how to check source code to see the VIN number please? My order is 3600+. Ordered on 12th March.

It usually appears in the source code of the webpage before it appears on any documents. It should be noted that if you do have a VIN in the source code that it doesn't guarantee itwill stay there! It can change or be removed completely but most times it remains the same.

How to check Source code

1. Login to your Tesla Account
  2. Click "Manage"
  3. when that page loads, right click and choose "View Source"
  4. Hold CTRL and press F to search the page.
  5. Type 5YJ
  6. If you get a result then thats the VIN number that has been allocated to your account.
Interestingly some of the people that recieved cars last week didn't have a VIN in the view source, so its not a solid method, but can give an idication of some movement on your account.

Here you go