Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d certainly suggest that any EST buyers who didn’t select Third Party Finance contact Tesla ASAP to tell them. It appears that, because of the time it takes for EST to provide to money, Tesla are prioritising the paperwork side of any EST orders. It may not get you your M3 any quicker, but it certainly shouldn’t delay it!

Careful, if you've made a payment on the car they may not cough up the cash. Dumb, but its the TnC's.

Hmm. My plan had been to send the final invoice to EST as soon as I get it, at which point I'd assume EST would be happy with everything and it would just be a matter of waiting for the payment to work its way through the system. If you're suggesting that at this late stage EST might yet object to me going ahead and paying for the car while waiting for their funding to come through, then that's a very good point which I hadn't fully considered.

So I had this from a lovely guy at Tesla:

Hi André,

We have some news, although I don’t know if it is all good!

Good news is that we have confirmation that a ship with new Model 3’s has been scheduled for arrival in EU on 2nd August.
Bad news is that we cannot guarantee delivery by early August – it may delay until mid/late August.

Your order is fine, we will contact you if we've assigned a VIN to your order.

Kind regards,

Nothing we didn’t already suspect but it’s food to have some sort of confirmation...

• Informative
Reactions: Gareth Davies
So I had this from a lovely guy at Tesla:

Hi André,

We have some news, although I don’t know if it is all good!

Good news is that we have confirmation that a ship with new Model 3’s has been scheduled for arrival in EU on 2nd August.
Bad news is that we cannot guarantee delivery by early August – it may delay until mid/late August.

Your order is fine, we will contact you if we've assigned a VIN to your order.

Kind regards,

Nothing we didn’t already suspect but it’s food to have some sort of confirmation...

He probably read it somewhere on this forum, lol ;)

Are Tesla aware of your EST? I'm the same, but I've not told Tesla at all, just cash from their POV.

Yes, Tesla phoned me to ask if I was an EST last week (twice in one day). I had ticked third party financing. It sounded like the we're allocating the EST ones outside of the normal algorythm due to the invoice lead time EST need. Although I have a final invoice now (I keep checking to make sure it doesn't dissapear) it does not at all guarantee when I'll get a car. I also never recieved a text teling me to pay or anything.

Is this the spreadsheet?
Model 3 Order Tracker Spreadsheet

And the form to add or edit your data
Google form
No it was UK only and focused on the UK order number. Had a nice graph curve or orders versus days showing the mad order rush for the first few days.

Quick question. We are all guessing, but anyone with a trade-in got a date/Vin/Car/ETA?

I'm trading in you see (maybe it's that...)

Reactions: mab74
No it was UK only and focused on the UK order number. Had a nice graph curve or orders versus days showing the mad order rush for the first few days.

Quick question. We are all guessing, but anyone with a trade-in got a date/Vin/Car/ETA?

I'm trading in you see (maybe it's that...)

I had a trade-in but have since sold the car. I called Tesla to let them know and I asked if it made any difference and I was told it didn't. Still have no VIN but was told to expect delivery early August. My account has not been updated to remove the trade-in though.

Just noticed the pricing has now changed on the web site.

Reactions: Baldrick
If I’m honest I was half expecting/hoping ship number two would at least by visible at Pier 80 by now. I believe during the delivery ramp for the other European countries there was a ship each week. Also there is this misconception that the Triumph Ace can carry 6000 cars but it is more like 3500 of these particular cars which is why some of us will be needing that second ship.

Glovis Champion is going to arrive in SF on 21st and start loading, wont know the destination for a few days

SFL Conductor is going to arrive in SF on 25th.

One of these would be going to EU.

Triumph Ace probably has enough to keep UK SC busy for weeks

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Yep, a ship is probably only carrying 3,500-ish cars, of which some *will* be European LHD cars. There are currently two possible ships heading for San Francisco (due in 21st & 25th respectively), however I think we can reasonably assume one of those to be heading to China.

It's not clear whether Aus/NZ/Japan orders will go on a China ship or separately yet so potentially neither of these will be an EU ship. However, I suspect they will be - if nothing else because there will be pending LHD EU demand not being met as well as UK RHD.

I'm hoping for EU ships leaving SF *roughly* every two weeks until end of August at least it's really a question of how many RHDs are on each one and whether or not they're the correct specs to match against exiting orders

I see the Cosco Tengfei (catchy name - not) is loading at pier 80 at the moment.
No idea where it is headed.
Aditionally the Glovis Prime is heading for San Francisco too, due in on the 25 July.
It would appear that Tesla are doing a big export push at the moment.

Well, woke up to emails from Tesla this morning. Two emails sent as "Confirming your Model 3 update" . Odd but hey...

Full of hope I hopped across to my portal page and ended up seeing two order agreements - "Order Agreement" and "Order Agreement 2"

Neither of which had seemingly been updated. The same VIN is still in the source code...

Anyone else had this ?