Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15BC46C8-5F69-4EA9-9C6E-610EDE18430E.gif
Aaaand my VIN is gone again.

Man, what an emotional roller coaster!

So, as suspected, the Cosco Tengfei is heading for Shanghai.
The Glovis Champion arrives at Pier 80 tomorrow. We won't know where its heading to until its ready to depart on Wednesday or possibly early Thursday. If inbound to Zeebrugge it will arrive there around 15/16 Aug.
Quite when, or if, Glovis Prime enters the equation remains unclear since it is still anchored off San Diego.
The Triumph Ace should arrive at the entrance to the Panama Canal tomorrow. Vehicle carriers appear to have some sort of priority and are seldom seen waiting for transit slots. It is of course hurricane season in the Caribbean but the latest synoptic chart looks clear of anything major which could force a rerouting, and so Zeebrugge around 3 Aug looks good. Although an arrival slot has not yet been booked at Zeebrugge, I would expect one to be made once clear of the canal.

Triumph Ace is in the canal at the moment. As long as the Iranians don't stop it then she's on schedule.... hopefully with my car on!

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
We've now had our Energy Savings Trust loan approved, so I thought I'd call Tesla for an update. Got through in about 10 minutes on the 01628450604 number, but it was otherwise a bit of a waste of time.

She didn't know anything about the EST loan at all, confirmed that a VIN had been assigned (which I saw from source code, but haven't had anything official yet) but said I didn't need to worry about the EST timeline because a delivery date and final invoice would be issued 2 to 3 weeks before delivery as standard.

This isn't really what others have said happened, so I'm skeptical. I suppose we'll have to wait and see now. :confused:

So whoever has a vin allocated, their car is on the Ace, or hiding in some field/dock somewhere ready to be delivered? And if you don't have a vin yet, its not on the Ace?

I suspect nobody really knows. Many will be on the Triumph Ace, but there could be people with source code VINs (or allocated VINs?) whose cars are sitting in San Francisco waiting to be loaded onto the Glovis Champion (current loading at pier 80 and expected to be headed for Europe).

It's all guesswork really. Given I have a SC VIN I certainly hope my car is on Triumph Ace!

So whoever has a vin allocated, their car is on the Ace

We're all guessing, but ...

If you have a VIN allocated as of now then that car is probably on the Triumph Ace. Whether that VIN is still assigned to you personally when they come to schedule deliveries is another issue. It could well change, be reallocated, etc. etc.

I wouldn't feel too positive/negative about having/not-having a VIN right now. What we can feel positive about is that it looks like there is a decent chunk of cars on their way over, and another ship loading as we speak.

If you've still got a VIN after Triumph Ace has docked in Zeebrugge then that's probably the time to start feeling positive.

Reactions: RjbT3
We've now had our Energy Savings Trust loan approved, so I thought I'd call Tesla for an update. Got through in about 10 minutes on the 01628450604 number, but it was otherwise a bit of a waste of time.

She didn't know anything about the EST loan at all, confirmed that a VIN had been assigned (which I saw from source code, but haven't had anything official yet) but said I didn't need to worry about the EST timeline because a delivery date and final invoice would be issued 2 to 3 weeks before delivery as standard.

This isn't really what others have said happened, so I'm skeptical. I suppose we'll have to wait and see now. :confused:

Do you know which team you got through to? The calls about EST I got we're from Norway (+47 23966229). I did phone Tesla about it once (when the pricing changed) and they had no clue but had someone from Scotland phone me back later in the day.

Do you know which team you got through to? The calls about EST I got we're from Norway (+47 23966229). I did phone Tesla about it once (when the pricing changed) and they had no clue but had someone from Scotland phone me back later in the day.

Hmmmm... interesting. I called the Deliveries team, though I don't know where they're based. It was a UK accent that answered. The IVR had two options - "Press 1 for Model S and X deliveries. Press 2 for Model 3 deliveries"

I've also emailed my contact at the Edinburgh store to ask me if there's anything I need to do - nothing back from him yet.

Hmmmm... interesting. I called the Deliveries team, though I don't know where they're based. It was a UK accent that answered. The IVR had two options - "Press 1 for Model S and X deliveries. Press 2 for Model 3 deliveries"

I've also emailed my contact at the Edinburgh store to ask me if there's anything I need to do - nothing back from him yet.

I had the issue that the final invoice Tesla issued me and I sent to EST was credited back to be when the price changed last week. and now all I have is a new order note.... Meaning EST has the wrong invoice. They did sort that out and even told me they spoke to EST on behalf's of a number of customers about the price changes. It sounded to me (but I didn't ask) that others had final invoices as well that has been sent to EST and are now incorrect. You phone EST and they are about as unhelpful as Tesla at answering questions.

• Informative
Reactions: dst87
Triumph Ace now well clear of the Panama Canal and in the Caribbean heading for the Windward Passage (the gap between Cuba and Haiti). The weather looks good in the Caribbean at the moment with no hurricanes or tropical storms to worry about. The Triumph Ace has about 4700 nautical miles to go to Zeebrugge which gives an ETA of around 3 August. Unhelpfully the crew haven't updated their transponder with a destination and ETA. We are still assuming its heading to Zeebrugge!

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro