Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I know I only ordered a week ago but hurry up Tesla, the wait is worse than when I was a kid waiting for Christmas! Just out of interest how do they pick where you can collect from? I'm about 40 miles away from Birmingham yet I only got offered Leeds or Stockpot which are both about 100 miles away! I went for Stockport, not sure if that is a good move or not.

Yes.
One in particular on the FB Group yesterday. Exactly same spec. as mine, picking up today from same SC as me. He ordered in July and had no reservation.

I think there's just a computer somewhere randomly assigning VINs to orders.
I can't see any other evidence that it's being done in a fair way at all.

I assume you are talking about me as I posted in the FB group that I received my delivery email yesterday for a Dartford delivery with your spec, and I do agree with you BTW...

Whilst I am happy that I have a delivery date it does say estimated which is a little concern for me as i need to terminate the lease on my current vehicle (1 month early) and I don't want this to suddenly change.

Looks like you have a VIN so hopefully you are non the same boat....

I assume you are talking about me as I posted in the FB group that I received my delivery email yesterday for a Dartford delivery with your spec, and I do agree with you BTW...

Whilst I am happy that I have a delivery date it does say estimated which is a little concern for me as i need to terminate the lease on my current vehicle (1 month early) and I don't want this to suddenly change.

Looks like you have a VIN so hopefully you are non the same boat....

Actually, no not you there is someone else collecting 'my car' from West Drayton today.
Regardless, I hope you enjoy yours! (sincerely!)

Oh and I'm still holding to speak to deliveries to see what they say. 2 hours 31 minutes so far...

Actually, no not you there is someone else collecting 'my car' from West Drayton today.
Regardless, I hope you enjoy yours! (sincerely!)

Oh and I'm still holding to speak to deliveries to see what they say. 2 hours 31 minutes so far...

Ah ok. Still not great. I too am on hold to deliveries to understand what they mean by estimated.

I do plan to enjoy, hope you get to enjoy your soon...

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
You're probably better sending an email (although don't expect a fast response). I tried calling multiple times over the last 2 days including two separate 2 hour calls an no answer (delivery scheduled Thursday and I can't make it). Got a call this morning apologising that they would have to reschedule my delivery as there's an issue with registration of the vehicle - they weren't aware I had already said I couldn't make it in an email first thing yesterday morning or replied to their text asking to confirm my delivery with a "No".

Anyway, he said they are trying to move away from the phone line and only use email/ text for delivery info. I got the impression they are only using the phone to call people just before their scheduled delivery and not really answering inbound calls as they are too swamped at the moment.

Well I know I only ordered a week ago but hurry up Tesla, the wait is worse than when I was a kid waiting for Christmas! Just out of interest how do they pick where you can collect from? I'm about 40 miles away from Birmingham yet I only got offered Leeds or Stockpot which are both about 100 miles away! I went for Stockport, not sure if that is a good move or not.

I had the same, but i think it was because the Birmingham option was brand new (only opened last week), when on the phone with them they quickly updated mine to Birmingham, job done :D

Reactions: m3gt2
You're probably better sending an email (although don't expect a fast response). I tried calling multiple times over the last 2 days including two separate 2 hour calls an no answer (delivery scheduled Thursday and I can't make it). Got a call this morning apologising that they would have to reschedule my delivery as there's an issue with registration of the vehicle - they weren't aware I had already said I couldn't make it in an email first thing yesterday morning or replied to their text asking to confirm my delivery with a "No".

Anyway, he said they are trying to move away from the phone line and only use email/ text for delivery info. I got the impression they are only using the phone to call people just before their scheduled delivery and not really answering inbound calls as they are too swamped at the moment.
I sent an email on August 1st and still haven't had a response other than the automated reply.
I've sent two since then with no response.
Any other suggestions?

I managed to get through after 1hr 40mins. Tesla confirmed that my car was on the last boat that arrived so looks like they are still allocating VIN's from the Triumph Ace (think that was the last boat to arrive).

She also confirmed that even though the email's and SMS say its an indicative appointment if you have a time its a scheduled appointment.

I just got a delivery date 27 Aug. Would you accept that or put off until Sept?
Seems a kick in the teeth to get an old plate and additional depreciation that comes with it for the sake of a week, especially after all the fun and games to even get here

I just got a delivery date 27 Aug. Would you accept that or put off until Sept?
Seems a kick in the teeth to get an old plate and additional depreciation that comes with it for the sake of a week, especially after all the fun and games to even get here

My delivery date in the 30/8. I'm happy with that as not too worried about the new plate. Its not as if their is a model change between 19 and 69. Plus if i re-scheduled it likely to be another month or more....

I recieved an email this morning to say that I could pick up my Model 3 From the Heathrow show room at some point between 3rd and 10th September. An hour later I recievd a text saying that the delivery was confirmed for the 27th August! Asking me to confirm by replying YES. Unfortunately there was a problem - possibly with my phone not sure - the message couldn't be sent :mad: . Now on the phone 1 hour 20 and counting...

I reserved mine in late April this year.

I recieved an email this morning to say that I could pick up my Model 3 From the Heathrow show room at some point between 3rd and 10th September. An hour later I recievd a text saying that the delivery was confirmed for the 27th August! Asking me to confirm by replying YES. Unfortunately there was a problem - possibly with my phone not sure - the message couldn't be sent :mad: . Now on the phone 1 hour 20 and counting...

I reserved mine in late April this year.
Have you got an appointment scheduled on your order page? If so I wouldn't worry too much, they will call you. I've had a couple of calls to confirm and that text now.

Let's say I go for a lease car (but not through Tesla) and they give me a date and a vehicle reg etc. Say something happens and I don't turn up?
The lease company will own the car and start charging me from the date of my contract with them. Surely the car just sits there at Tesla for a few days until I arrive. If I was on holiday next week and they told me pick up was on Wednesday I would say "sure, I will be there. I am so excited" then arrive on Monday when my holiday was over. Looks to me like they want you to accept the delay.
Also surprised that they offer 7 day to give the car back if you don't like it. The EU distance selling regulations give you 14 days - you are basically buy something unseen off the internet!