Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone waiting for delivery of custom MX? I've been told that Tesla will not produce any custom MX for Q4 and will wait until Customs situation is clarified in UK before they ship any custom MX's to UK.

I hope this is not true. I've ordered in Aug with delivery date of Oct, then November, then Dec/Jan and since yesterday as above Q1'20. :(

Reactions: simon79
Is anyone waiting for delivery of custom MX? I've been told that Tesla will not produce any custom MX for Q4 and will wait until Customs situation is clarified in UK before they ship any custom MX's to UK.

I hope this is not true. I've ordered in Aug with delivery date of Oct, then November, then Dec/Jan and since yesterday as above Q1'20. :(
I had a similar conversation when they tried switching me to a 7 seat MX currently in inventory (I've got a 6 seat on order). Said that my batch was due to be built in December and shipped for delivery in January. I ordered in Sep with a Nov delivery.

It surprises me that they won't try and get it delivered before year end. I'm wondering if they've switched UK delivery to be direct from Fremont via ship, rather than going via Tilburg and we're getting caught up in the logistics switch?

Been told to expect second week of december, was hoping to see a vin this morning. So when has the ship sailed on that?
(Deliberate pun)

I'm wondering if anyone really knows. Do VINs get assigned at Panama or SFO? Telsa and my lease company tell me two different things. My VIN was assigned while Jasper was at Kingston and Cosmos was at Mexico.

Tesla: expect delivery around the 1st week of Dec, that would coincided with Jasper.
Lease company: Tesla have given us a delivery window of 12/12 - 11/1, that could be any of the next few ships.

I'm wondering if anyone really knows. Do VINs get assigned at Panama or SFO? Telsa and my lease company tell me two different things. My VIN was assigned while Jasper was at Kingston and Cosmos was at Mexico.

I feel your pain

Tesla: expect delivery around the 1st week of Dec, that would coincided with Jasper.
Lease company: Tesla have given us a delivery window of 12/12 - 11/1, that could be any of the next few ships.

Do VINs get assigned at Panama or SFO? Telsa and my lease company tell me two different things. My VIN was assigned while Jasper was at Kingston and Cosmos was at Mexico.

I got my VIN assigned the day before the Triumph Ace left SFO. It was the start of the quarter and no other ships on route so I know that it was definitely assigned at SFO and just prior to the ship departing.

The same VIN stayed in the source code right up to delivery without changes. The car assigned at SFO was the car delivered.

When a VIN arrives in source code, the worst case is car is at SFO so could be 6 weeks from delivery. Could be on an earlier ship, but may not be!

• Informative
Reactions: KamSandhu44
Rang and was told my order on the 25th of September has not led to an allocated car due this year (despite being told to expect delivery in November over the phone a couple of weeks ago). Asked if I could be allocated one I found in existing new inventory (same spec as my order) and they said yes, the VIN of which is now in my source code. Delivery is expected fist or second week of December, so either Jasper Arrow or Glovis Cosmos from what I can tell.

Interestingly, my VIN shows the 8th digit as 'C', which shows as 'Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 battery (31-4Kwh). Surely this isn't correct, as it's a P+ I've ordered! Any thoughts on that?

Think the concesus is we all have "C"s from what I've seen. I'm in the same boat (although unsure the car is on the same boat!).

Do you guys call up and just ask what boats it on? I was on hold for about 10mins earlier and just chickened out

Just had this from live chat, yet believe mine is on Jasper. Hopefully they've found me another one to get quicker

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 15.34.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 15.34.38.png
    97 KB · Views: 48

I feel sorry for you if this is the case. I ordered a custom MX on 15th August and picked it up end of October. When I ordered the website was showing September delivery but Edinburgh were spot on when they told me it would be end October / early November.