Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you manage to drive so much between Superchargers?
Not sure I understand the question. I've been to a lot of unique superchargers because I've taken many trips in order to visit what's out there. I love the call of the open road when I have the chance--I've hit 47 states and 4 provinces, I think. I've had well over a thousand supercharger visits and my work a day life usually adds a few dozen miles each day. It all adds up after a bit over 4 years.

In case anyone is interested, I blew up Tesla's map to show a bit for detail on the long routes. Download, if you wish.
Supercharager Map 2018.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
Not sure I understand the question. I've been to a lot of unique superchargers because I've taken many trips in order to visit what's out there. I love the call of the open road when I have the chance--I've hit 47 states and 4 provinces, I think. I've had well over a thousand supercharger visits and my work a day life usually adds a few dozen miles each day. It all adds up after a bit over 4 years.
Only 47 states? :-0!

Let me count, Florida, new Orleans, houston, san Antonio, austin, fort worth, phoenix, LA, SF, SLC, reno, Idaho, Cheyenne, yellow stone, rapid city, Ann arbor, Ontario, Virginia, NC, SC, GA, FL again. I know i forgot some. I did 10,000 miles since April.
If you want to be added to the wiki, you're going to have to list them out by the sites.:(
Looks like you'd be pretty far up the list.:cool:

Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone where we are and how far we've come THIS YEAR.
@Bighorn started the year on top of the leader board at 258 sites.
@NKYTA leap-frogged him on an epic road trip that ended a few handfuls of chargers short of 300. Bighorn later took the lead back, the first to break 300 and finally landing at 352.
@PLUS EV wasn't even on the board yet and now he's in the top spot, having just reached 358. And he's still on the opposite coast, 20,000 miles under his belt and no end in sight.
NKYTA's on the road right now in the Oregon wilderness, needing one more to to get to the 300 mark.
@JSergeant is out there right now as well, on his own multi-month quest to hit every charger in the US before he's done, and he's just a little short of 300 in what used to be the supercharger island of Texas.
If you pull into a charger and see a bug-covered car that looks like it can use a little TLC, seek out the owner and ask if it's one of these gents. Then stop and chat for a while and learn something. You'll be witnessing durability, commitment and an adventurous spirit that this car draws out in many owners - but these few are the top of the class - currently. ;)

multi-month quest to hit every charger in the US

Has anyone done any analysis on how feasible that actually is these days?

I'd think that with the current rate of expansion, there's significant risk that just as you are closing in on your last location another one opens on the other side of the country (and if you turn round and head there, another one opens somewhere else...).

Construction is likely to continue - even if 'coverage' is achieved for all routes, as the number of cars on the road increases more locations are needed for volume, as we are seeing now eg. in California.

So the club of people who can say "I had charged at all US superchargers open on that day" is likely to be a very select membership. It's probably still just about possible to join...

Has anyone done any analysis on how feasible that actually is these days?

I'd think that with the current rate of expansion, there's significant risk that just as you are closing in on your last location another one opens on the other side of the country (and if you turn round and head there, another one opens somewhere else...).

Construction is likely to continue - even if 'coverage' is achieved for all routes, as the number of cars on the road increases more locations are needed for volume, as we are seeing now eg. in California.

So the club of people who can say "I had charged at all US superchargers open on that day" is likely to be a very select membership. It's probably still just about possible to join...
I think it will be mighty tough to hit all the USA Supercharging Stations once the ones on O'ahu and Maui open!

• Funny
Reactions: Half Dollar Bill
Yeah hitting every supercharger is impossible from a practical standpoint. I suppose if you had a crystal ball and knew exactly which superchargers would be completed and when, and you tried to complete it during the lull a few months ago, you might have been able to do it.

I know during that time I had completed every supercharger in the Pacific and Mountain time zones with the exception of 3 in the northwest which is my home base and I easily could have hit those, but I just saved them for later since I knew I'd have other trips that would be passing by eventually. Even on that trip the Truth or Consequences supercharger opened when I had already gone through NM. I think I was in Vegas at the time and heading home. If I really wanted to, I could have turned around and hit that one and then hit the 3 in the northwest and I would have had the western US completed for a moment. But yes, completing the entire US would be damn near impossible unless you knew they didn't plan on opening any new ones for a month or something.

I just completed a Phoenix - Nashville - Phoenix trip, 4,350 miles via I-40, I-30, I-20 & I-10, including 3 days driving around Nashville. Please add these superchargers to my list:

Santa Fe, Las Vegas NM, Childress, Ardmore, Denton, Arlington, Sulphur Springs, Texarkana, Little Rock, Memphis, Jackson, Nashville-Brentwood, Tupelo, Grenada, Pearl, Monroe, Shreveport, Lindale, Corsicana, Waco, Cisco, Sweetwater, Midland, Van Horn, El Paso, Truth or Consequences

Thank you
AZEd

Reactions: PLUS EV
I just completed a Phoenix - Nashville - Phoenix trip, 4,350 miles via I-40, I-30, I-20 & I-10, including 3 days driving around Nashville. Please add these superchargers to my list:

Santa Fe, Las Vegas NM, Childress, Ardmore, Denton, Arlington, Sulphur Springs, Texarkana, Little Rock, Memphis, Jackson, Nashville-Brentwood, Tupelo, Grenada, Pearl, Monroe, Shreveport, Lindale, Corsicana, Waco, Cisco, Sweetwater, Midland, Van Horn, El Paso, Truth or Consequences

Thank you
AZEd
I added 26 to your list.
Another Centurion this week.
Congratulations!

Reactions: David99
OK, at 100,000 km and almost 4 years on the car, it's time to join this list. A 15,000 km road trip across the US this summer added a lot. Here's my list:

Cornwall, Kingston, Port Hope, Toronto-Lawrence, Grimsby, Woodstock, Comber
Utica, Albany, Paramus, Edison, Hamilton, Newark DE, Laurel, Woodbridge, Glen Allen, Rocky Mount, Lumberton, Santee, Savannah, St. Augustine, Port Orange, Orlando
Erie, Cranberry, Somerset, Hagerstown, Strasburg
Ann Arbor, St Joseph, Country Club Hills, Rockford, Davenport, West Des Moines, Council Bluffs, Lincoln, Grand Island, Gothenburg, Ogallala, Brush, Denver, Lone Tree, Colorado Springs, Loveland, Glenwood Springs, Grand Junction, Moab, Price, Salt Lake City, Pocatello, Jackson, West Yellowstone, Butte, Missoula, Superior, Coeur d'Alene, Ritzville, Ellensburg, Aberdeen, Seaside, Sandy, The Dalles, Pendleton, Baker City, Boise, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Lima, Bozeman, Timber, Billings, Sheridan, Gillette, Rapid City, Murdo, Mitchell, Worthington, Albert Lea, Onalaska, Madison, Rockford, Marshall

Thanks!

Reactions: PLUS EV
Status
Not open for further replies.