Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stock P3D+ and want a little more stability around corners, especially in the rear. I plan to do Unplug's Front and Rear sway bars. Any other recommendations that are small and easy to do? (I have access to a tire shop that can do small jobs for me.)

P.S. I also have kids 5 & 2 that love Tesla. :)

Our rear camber and toe arms take away a lot of that instability when hitting bumps mid-corner

• Informative
Reactions: Xerious and bradhs
Our rear camber and toe arms take away a lot of that instability when hitting bumps mid-corner

@BodegaBay I didn't realize how the rear camber and toe arms helped with some of the bumps and instability. I installed all of them at once and LOVE the ride and performance. The ride is not harsh but more solid and stiff like a sports car should. There is not bounciness or instability over any rough bumps, etc. It corners tight with very little lean. If I had to do it again, I would go with the MPP Sports and Rear Toe/Camber Arms.

@BodegaBay I didn't realize how the rear camber and toe arms helped with some of the bumps and instability. I installed all of them at once and LOVE the ride and performance. The ride is not harsh but more solid and stiff like a sports car should. There is not bounciness or instability over any rough bumps, etc. It corners tight with very little lean. If I had to do it again, I would go with the MPP Sports and Rear Toe/Camber Arms.

Thanks @Xerious How much of necessity are both items if I'm going doing zero track. My P3D+ is used only as daily and spirited street driving.

Reactions: bradhs
Thanks @Xerious How much of necessity are both items if I'm going doing zero track. My P3D+ is used only as daily and spirited street driving.

I would start with the coilovers first and then decide if you need the rear toe or camber arms. I'm sure the @MountainPass guys can give you some great suggestions. I knew I was going to do some track days for fun so I did the install once. The question they can answer is if the coilovers that are installed at their recommend settings height, rebound, compression, etc. would require the rear toe/camber arms. I changed the ride height starting from the lowest height setting and raising it from there. Once it settled, I had it aligned. I'll try and find the printout to show how much adjustment was made and where.

Will there be another sale for christmas? Interested in purchasing front arms + the 4 rear arms but missed out on black friday!

@MountainPass Please tell me you will have the P3D rotors on sale for Xmas

There is only Black Friday, and if by some miracle the Raptors win an NBA Championship again we will have one too!

• Funny
Reactions: Xerious and SigNC
Will there be another sale for christmas? Interested in purchasing front arms +
Model 3 5% Dyno Test! Black Friday! New Product Teasers!
SillyCyberTruck.jpg

And you thought that all you’d be talking about today was the Cyber truck. No no my friends, let us give you something to distract you from that. You may love it, or you may hate it. We’re going to make parts for it either way, and if we’re honest we hope the production truck will be a little less… sharp.

Model-3-LRRWD-5-Percent-Dyno-Test.png

5% Power Increase – We Test It On Our Dynapack Chassis Dyno

First off – we just finished doing a dyno test with both an SR+ and LR RWD Model 3 to see if the 5% power increase is real. Good news – it very much is real, but it only comes into play once the system falls into field weakening. (read more about that here). We can’t wait to get our cars on track to see how much lap time is to be had from this update.

Model-3-SR-5-Percent-Dyno-Test.png

Here’s the video. Hope you enjoy it! Make sure to hit subscribe on YouTube to keep up to date with new videos.

Black Friday!
We know how much you enjoy being drowned with sales and deals and want to join in in this ultimate consumeristic tradition. Because in this holiday season, who really deserves a gift? Is it your spouse, or your children? Nonsense. We all know it’s your Tesla.

Our Black Friday deals will go live on Friday the 29th and end December 1st at Midnight EST. Please don’t ask us if you miss out on the deals. You snooze, you lose!

We’re still planning exactly what our sale will look like, but rest easy knowing that this will be our biggest sale of the year. For those considering a coil-over purchase, our coil-over pricing will be going up slightly on our Sports coilovers, so the sale price will likely be your last chance to order coilovers at our current pricing.

New Products
In addition to our Black Friday sale, we’ll have a pre-order sale on new products we’ve been working on that will go live at the same time. These products won’t be shipping until the new year, but we thought we’d add these to our Black Friday sale for those that want to save a few bucks that don’t mind waiting. It also helps us gauge the interest so we can make the right amount on our first production run.

Let’s take a look at some of the new bits you can look forward to:

FLCA-Spherical-Prototype-02.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Front Lower Control Arm Bushing
The main upgrade we’ve been working on for a long time on the front of the Model 3. Some of you that have read our Laguna Seca lap record report will know that the front lower control arm bolts backed out on us even after being checked only a few weeks prior to the event. This is a fairly common problem that our bushing kit aims to solve, but the main benefit is the massive increase in steering response, front end grip and chassis feedback that comes from removing the factory lower control arm bushings with sealed, spherical bearings.

FLCA-Spherical-Prototype-01.jpg

It’s one of those things you need to feel to experience. With high grip tires, the lateral bushing deflects significantly, changing the front toe of the vehicle and significantly reducing front axle grip, and that’s not even getting into the front end “wobble” that is eliminated by removing these bushings.

Of all the bushings on the car, we could argue that this one has the most significant impact on platform feel and laptime.

Tesla-Model-3-Traction-Trailing-Cyber-Arms.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Cyber Rear Traction And Trailing Arms
Finish up the back of your Model 3 with our traction and trailing arms, removing 2 more soft OE bushings with sealed spherical bearings, and replacing the steel welded OE arms with beautiful billet aluminum links.

Their sharp edges, and announcement the day after the launch of the Cybertruck has us feeling like naming these Cyber Rear Traction and Trailing Arms. We’ll see if that sticks!

Length adjustment is not needed as in our long experience in racing we’ve always found that without moving the actual pickup points on the subframe, the only link adjustments that should be made are with the camber and toe arms. We’ll elaborate on that on the product page that will launch next week.

MPP-Tesla-Model-3-Rear-Spring-Arm.jpg

Tesla Model 3 Lightweight Rear Spring Arm
Designed for use with our coilover kits, this rear spring arm allows the use of 70mm ID linear springs, allowing you to pick and choose spring rates easily front and rear. The main benefit of this kit? A 12lb weight reduction compared to the OE spring arm and larger spring!

for those of us that do want adjustable rear traction/trailing arms (ala SPL) but also spherical bearings, any plan for adjustable links?

Will there be another sale for christmas? Interested in purchasing front arms +

for those of us that do want adjustable rear traction/trailing arms (ala SPL) but also spherical bearings, any plan for adjustable links?

Definitely not, we won't be giving anyone the ability to mess up their suspension geometry and cause axle failures. We have seen it too many times ourselves!

Reactions: dfwatt
@MountainPass

Can you let me know what's the difference between your AWD/Performance Coilovers vs the UPP one?

I spoke with Ben from UP and he mentioned that his coilovers are better quality (i know, i know, everyone tout their own products).

But I wanted to see from your side if there are any differences in how it performs and the quality of your product.

@MountainPass

Can you let me know what's the difference between your AWD/Performance Coilovers vs the UPP one?

I spoke with Ben from UP and he mentioned that his coilovers are better quality (i know, i know, everyone tout their own products).

But I wanted to see from your side if there are any differences in how it performs and the quality of your product.

That's nice of him!

We chose to make our kits with KW because we love the way their damper technology works and the build quality coming from Germany. Stainless steel construction is a huge benefit when it comes to the longevity of the dampers, especially for those of us in harsh climates. If you can find someone who has that kit, I urge you to get a ride in cars equipped with these different coilovers so you can compare and you will find the decision is an easy one.

@MountainPass

That's nice of him!

We chose to make our kits with KW because we love the way their damper technology works and the build quality coming from Germany. Stainless steel construction is a huge benefit when it comes to the longevity of the dampers, especially for those of us in harsh climates. If you can find someone who has that kit, I urge you to get a ride in cars equipped with these different coilovers so you can compare and you will find the decision is an easy one.
I currently have the UP coilovers. Are you telling me I made the wrong choice??

Actually my coilovers have been making noise and they're still working to fix it so maybe I did make the wrong choice :p. FYI, I would've went with MPP coilovers but they weren't in stock when I ordered.

I currently have the UP coilovers. Are you telling me I made the wrong choice??

Actually my coilovers have been making noise and they're still working to fix it so maybe I did make the wrong choice :p. FYI, I would've went with MPP coilovers but they weren't in stock when I ordered.

Yea, I heard alot of people are having issues with the UP springs and CO, specifically with the "clicking" noise.

Reactions: 4hs93lsi2
@Mikey122687 I know of folks that have switched from UP to MPP, but none that have switched from MPP to UP...

Anyway, I have the Sports, and love the handling on the track, and the comfort on the street.

I'm here in SD, and believe @hydro 481 is, too. He has UP (unfortunately for him :p), and I've got MPP Sports. Maybe with the right persuasion (who doesn't love beer?!), we can do back to back test rides. Before the beer, obviously. Note, I'm not volunteering @hydro , just throwing that out there.

@Mikey122687 I know of folks that have switched from UP to MPP, but none that have switched from MPP to UP...

Anyway, I have the Sports, and love the handling on the track, and the comfort on the street.

I'm here in SD, and believe @hydro 481 is, too. He has UP (unfortunately for him :p), and I've got MPP Sports. Maybe with the right persuasion (who doesn't love beer?!), we can do back to back test rides. Before the beer, obviously. Note, I'm not volunteering @hydro , just throwing that out there.
@SD_Engnr If I ever see you on the street I will make sure to flip you the bird :mad::p

But seriously, @Mikey122687 I would actually recommend going with MPP coilovers instead of UP right now. I know MPP had issues with their coilovers making noise in the past but they seemed to have resolve them already. My UP coilovers have been making noise for a few months and UP has been working to find a solution. And it's not just me either. I've been in contact with another member on here who is in the same situation. It's a bit frustrating (and embarrassing), but I'm trying to remain patient. To their credit, UP does seem like they care and want to make things right.

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr
MPP 100%, I have the comfort AWD coilovers and the rear camber and toe arms. The products are phenomenal, but even more impressive is their customer service, second to none! Literally the best customer service I have had buying anything in my entire life. Long story, but they went above and beyond to resolve issues that weren't even their issues. Sasha and Jesse are stars.

Reactions: dfwatt