Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach E GT / Performance Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reviews dropped yesterday. My key takeaways:

Magneride fixes much of what people have been complaining about regarding the suspension (which seems eerily similar to how I would describe my Model 3).

Sport seats a huge improvement

Ford promises to upgrade charging over 80% including OTA for existing cars.

Unbridled extended seems like a good idea but half baked. Too hard to get into.

Kyle from Inside EV's / Out of Spec loves the Perf. pack.

Something about the front....

Looks like a Model S 2013
maxresdefault.jpg

Those reviews are made on Ford's conditions by reporters who depend on the ability to do reviews. The COI is apparent. The only believable reviews will be from people who personally purchase the vehicle or rent it from a third party.

So far, the Mach-E GT is performing so poorly that it barely outperforms non-GT versions (that are some 10-20k cheaper) to 1/4 mile. The vehicle is only capable to do an okay 0-60 approaching (but not beating) the Model Y Performance times. 1/4 mile = failure; trek driving = failure. The point of spending money on these GT and GTPE versions is escaping me, as it escapes some of the Mach-E enthusiasts now.

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark
Those reviews are made on Ford's conditions by reporters who depend on the ability to do reviews. The COI is apparent. The only believable reviews will be from people who personally purchase the vehicle or rent it from a third party.

So far, the Mach-E GT is performing so poorly that it barely outperforms non-GT versions (that are some 10-20k cheaper) to 1/4 mile. The vehicle is only capable to do an okay 0-60 approaching (but not beating) the Model Y Performance times. 1/4 mile = failure; trek driving = failure. The point of spending money on these GT and GTPE versions is escaping me, as it escapes some of the Mach-E enthusiasts now.
Sources, please.

Just head over to the mach-e forums, all the 1/4 mile tests they have on the GT are no quicker than the non GT versions. Its quicker to 60 but then just dies.
Oh, like this one?

(ICE antique beats the Mach-E 🤣)

And buyers remorse.

Sources, please.
I read the MachEForum.com comments that have references to the sources who tested the Mach-E in various configurations. There are not too many published results, and you have found one already (autocross videos). Some on that forum rave that the Mach-E GT PE seems to be a bit faster than the MYP to 1/8 of a mile.

I'm waiting patiently for the Model Y P and MME GT / PE to line up at the dragstrip. Can't find any videos yet. I know they will inevitably have to face off and all Ford's ad money and influence aren't going to change the outcome.
Also, I understand that we compare MYP and MME GTPE as two vehicles of similar class. However, MME GT and GTPE are the fastest (and only) EVs by Ford, they are Ford's flagship cars. If we compare the flagships, we should compare the MME GTPE to MS Plaid, and as the fastest vehicle at comparable price point we should compare the MME GTPE to M3P. Anyway, no matter how we compare, it seems that Ford sucks.

Also, I understand that we compare MYP and MME GTPE as two vehicles of similar class. However, MME GT and GTPE are the fastest (and only) EVs by Ford, they are Ford's flagship cars. If we compare the flagships, we should compare the MME GTPE to MS Plaid, and as the fastest vehicle at comparable price point we should compare the MME GTPE to M3P. Anyway, no matter how we compare, it seems that Ford sucks.
This is literally the biggest logic fail ever. How would you compare a sedan to a CUV? Hell why not compare the Ford Raptor vs a Model S Plaid. Pretty sure the Raptor can haul more. It would be just as dumb comparison as you tried (poorly) to make. If your point is you don’t like Ford or somehow feel that fords first mainstream (non Complience) ev is less than a similar Tesla outing (clearly the MY and not MS) then just say so (I would agree). But comparing Mach E vs Plaid S just puts your whole message in question

This is literally the biggest logic fail ever. How would you compare a sedan to a CUV? Hell why not compare the Ford Raptor vs a Model S Plaid. Pretty sure the Raptor can haul more. It would be just as dumb comparison as you tried (poorly) to make. If your point is you don’t like Ford or somehow feel that fords first mainstream (non Complience) ev is less than a similar Tesla outing (clearly the MY and not MS) then just say so (I would agree). But comparing Mach E vs Plaid S just puts your whole message in question
I think you have no clue.

Reactions: BooMan
I think you have no clue.
While it is quite possible (likely even) that “I have no clue” are you saying you agree with the logic of comparing a Mach E GT P (say that fast 5 times) to a MS Plaid? Like these are different car types for different people. Why not compare the GT P vs the MY P as that is clearly more apt. I mean who is cross shopping a MS Plaid vs a Ford Mach E GT P???lolz!