Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO Buying and Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the exact opposite experience. My DS has been totally unresponsive and radio silent so far.

Sorry to hear this. It's really unacceptable that you can spend this kind of money and be ignored like that. I understand they are going through some growing pains as an organization, but what is stopping your DS or management from sending an email out to all their cutstomers in the pipeline explaining the situation to setting expectations? Communication goes a long way.

Reactions: carter_seattle
Hello all- I wanted to outline my current experience with the Tesla cpo program. Like most of you I stalked ev-cpo forever and finally found a vehicle I wanted. I went with a 2013 with under 15k miles so I'm very interested in how long the refurb process will take.
Here is my current timeline
-Jan 13th 2017 placed order and paid deposit.
I am surprised I haven't heard anything via email. I do have a local guy that called and said to send him my license and insurance information. So far no emails from Tesla indicating congrats, or to register for my Tesla. I really hope this isn't more than a 4 week process because I will likely be pissed. Trying to stay patient!

Hello all- I wanted to outline my current experience with the Tesla cpo program. Like most of you I stalked ev-cpo forever and finally found a vehicle I wanted. I went with a 2013 with under 15k miles so I'm very interested in how long the refurb process will take.
Here is my current timeline
-Jan 13th 2017 placed order and paid deposit.
I am surprised I haven't heard anything via email. I do have a local guy that called and said to send him my license and insurance information. So far no emails from Tesla indicating congrats, or to register for my Tesla. I really hope this isn't more than a 4 week process because I will likely be pissed. Trying to stay patient!

I ordered on a Tuesday and received my welcome email within about an hour. Did you order late on Friday? That might be why you haven't received anything yet. Today was a holiday for a lot of America... not sure if Tesla observes MLK Day tho.

As a side note, I was told it would be six weeks to get my car (its coming from across the country). Tomorrow will be the 4 week mark for me and I don't think my car is even in my state yet.

• Informative
Reactions: dreamingof3
I ordered on a Tuesday and received my welcome email within about an hour. Did you order late on Friday? That might be why you haven't received anything yet. Today was a holiday for a lot of America... not sure if Tesla observes MLK Day tho.

As a side note, I was told it would be six weeks to get my car (its coming from across the country). Tomorrow will be the 4 week mark for me and I don't think my car is even in my state yet.
So I ordered Thursday night and no email. I just took a screenshot of order number.

I ordered January 1st and my delivery is set for next Monday, the 23rd from Chicago to NY. Should be in my state by end of week. There's a lot of variables in play including weather, how much fixing the car needs, transportation, how busy the service center is, etc. This is why they give a wide range of 3-6 weeks.

• Informative
I ordered Dec. 31st and was originally given a 4-5 week estimate for delivery. I was ok with that and honestly expected it to take longer based on what I have read here.

Just followed up with my DS today and the car is supposed to arrive in KC from San Diego tomorrow! I don't think the KC service center is all that busy because he said we might be able to schedule delivery on Thurs or Friday. Can't wait!!

I ordered Dec. 31st and was originally given a 4-5 week estimate for delivery. I was ok with that and honestly expected it to take longer based on what I have read here.

Just followed up with my DS today and the car is supposed to arrive in KC from San Diego tomorrow! I don't think the KC service center is all that busy because he said we might be able to schedule delivery on Thurs or Friday. Can't wait!!
Can you guys mention your mileage ? I'm trying to figure if it takes longer for less or more miles but I'm sure there is no correlation. Note to all... I didn't get a register for my tesla email because I already had an account. I registered for the 3 reservation back in march. FYI- I was told my car is going through inspection in Massachusetts.

Can you guys mention your mileage ? I'm trying to figure if it takes longer for less or more miles but I'm sure there is no correlation. Note to all... I didn't get a register for my tesla email because I already had an account. I registered for the 3 reservation back in march. FYI- I was told my car is going through inspection in Massachusetts.

My car has around 10,500.

Well, I decided to call my SC to see if they had any updates. As suspected my car is still in North Carolina. *sigh* The DS I spoke with wasn't the one assigned to me and he of course tried to spin it as "the longer the service team spends with it, the better looking it will be".... But all I heard was "your car needs so much work, we're not sure we can even fix it" lol.

• Funny
Well, I decided to call my SC to see if they had any updates. As suspected my car is still in North Carolina. *sigh* The DS I spoke with wasn't the one assigned to me and he of course tried to spin it as "the longer the service team spends with it, the better looking it will be".... But all I heard was "your car needs so much work, we're not sure we can even fix it" lol.

Hmmm. Considering that the Raleigh store is pretty small, there is a chance this is at the Charlotte store. Maybe I have to go peak around and see if your car is on the lot (there are maybe 20 cars on the lot).

Hmmm. Considering that the Raleigh store is pretty small, there is a chance this is at the Charlotte store. Maybe I have to go peak around and see if your car is on the lot (there are maybe 20 cars on the lot).
The DS mentioned Raleigh when I spoke with him, but who knows. It's a classic dark blue metallic 60 if you see it...
70xic7.jpg