Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow by filing a small claims court complaint you did the one thing that allowed the Arizona AG to close your AG complaint with no resolution and so that whole process was all for naught.

What a waste of everyone's time.
How was your time wasted? Didn't know you were part of this?
Every conversation I had with the AZ AG office said they were not responding to any inquiries. Only after I filed did they respond to both complaints. (And call me)

Reactions: Walta
Good to see someone taking action. The immediate effects and remedies are very limited of course, just like with the Norwegian P85D HP case (which Tesla rightfully lost), but these actions still act as checks and balances on keeping Tesla on the straight and narrow for the future.

We can already see Tesla has checked their hubris on HP, kWh etc. specs since the Norweigan and wk057 incidents. This will hopefully help keep them in check about longevity and upgrade policies... If not today, at least in future decision making.

A anything goes attitude towards Tesla from owners would be (and one could argue was) very detrimental. A honest Tesla is to the benefit of all (some investors excluded perhaps) and for that they need to be called out on occasion.

In two different cases with Tesla , where I had data to prove that options I purchased were not delivered... Tesla would not do anything about either case. Once I involved a legal component, both cases were resolved very quickly and respectfully by Tesla. I have no problem with Tesla taking this approach... business is business. It would not be my choice of how to handle issues like this, but I am not running a car company and so am ignorant of the many ramifications.

Nobody knows, as Tesla's overnight package suddenly took a week to arrive - and then ended up at the neighbour's.

Sorry, outdated info. We actually now have an update: The package finally made it through, but then Tesla came, picked up their package again, took a third of the content out and then gave the rest back.

We now await the results of what was left.

Sorry, outdated info. We actually now have an update: The package finally made it through, but then Tesla came, picked up their package again, took a third of the content out and then gave the rest back.

We now await the results of what was left.
Yes - they found that the package couldn't handle the weight of all the things they put into it. Fixing the package was too costly. Reducing weight was way more cost effective.

How much of a performance reduction did you see after the forced update?
possible P90DL first time buyer here, this is disturbing

depends on the build date. early builds wont notice much. for middle builds, around 50 hp was moved to launch mode only. and late builds depending on setting have around 80hp locked in only for launch mode.

does not sound like much, but when you bought a car and had driven it for months and have 50-80hp disappear, i is definitely noticeable.

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
"everyone's" doesn't mean "my". I was referring to your government servants and Tesla and you -- the parties involved.

Perhaps you had no better way to spend your time but everyone else did.

How was your time wasted? Didn't know you were part of this?
Every conversation I had with the AZ AG office said they were not responding to any inquiries. Only after I filed did they respond to both complaints. (And call me)

What a waste of everyone's time.

Tesla's behavior and mindset on these things threatens their future and harms all of us as customers. The only forces that seem capable of helping them 'wise-up' are media, and legal.

When Tesla stops thinking they can unilaterally make modifications to degrade a sold product's capability in the interest of their financial concerns and poor actuarial skills, I expect you will send your 'Thank You' PM to the OP.

OP, Consider this to be mine ;)

I trust Tesla engineers more than an OP who cant even get out of his own legal way.

I was looking forward to an AG considering the facts and the law and telling the OP that Tesla didn't breach their warranty, and making his car show a few less numbers on power tools, in exchange for better battery longevity (and thus better resale and less time in service etc) is perfectly legal and he has no damages to recover under the law.

Teslas behavior and mindset is to make the fastest f'in sedan and SUV on the planet-- by far. Their mindset is to clearly take things to the bleeding edge. People who manufacture outrage and whining instead of delight are sad sorry people.

Tesla's behavior and mindset on these things threatens their future and harms all of us as customers. The only forces that seem capable of helping them 'wise-up' are media, and legal.

When Tesla stops thinking they can unilaterally make modifications to degrade a sold product's capability in the interest of their financial concerns and poor actuarial skills, I expect you will send your 'Thank You' PM to the OP.

OP, Consider this to be mine ;)

Also I just got a notice from FedEx that a delivery from Tesla is scheduled for tomorrow.

IMG_1065.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Walta
Oh, I see. It's not the recalcitrant Tesla who's wasting everybody's time. It's the individual that seeks recompense.
You aren't paying attention so I will make it easy for you: Yes he wasted everyone's time because instead of waiting for the AG to educate him on how the law works, he took the one action that closed the AG case without a resolution by the AG. So he wasted the AG's Time by filing his complaint, and then he wasted Tesla's time when they responded to his complaint, but then before the AG would issue a resolution on this he took the action that closed the case.

Filing the small claims court case that would close the AG case that he started is either colossally stupid, or the AG probably gave him a preliminary opinion that they weren't going to find in his favor and so he did this as a way to close the AG case without a formal resolution in Tesla's favor against him which is what would have happened if he hadn't filed the small claims case.

For what it is worth, I don't think the OP wasted anyone's time. The Consumer Protection Section exists just for this purpose. An unhappy consumer should file a complaint if they believe they have been cheated. What has happened in the OP's case is the process. I don't think his decision to file a small claims case will matter to the AG IF they ultimately decide to investigate. Their investigations are not done on behalf of any one consumer. They are conducted to protect all consumers. I say let the OP make his stand, whether you agree with him or not.