Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My X was broken into without breaking the glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I woke up and saw a notification that the frunk was left open at 3am

I got to the car, and everything was went through and left scattered everywhere Some stuff missing

I checked the sentry log and it was somehow deleted

The car windows are not broken
How did someone got in?

As people ponder this, we'll find this can't be done as described. There's missing info from this story. Hmm .... maybe it was the same guy in that other thread that somehow got in and mistakenly drove off in someone else's Tesla.
It’s still a mystery to me at this point

One possibility is that I left my door open but I didn’t get notifications so I don’t think so…

It’s still a mystery to me at this point

One possibility is that I left my door open but I didn’t get notifications so I don’t think so…

Believe it or not, this could be it. A few years ago, my wife took the X to pick up groceries. When she returned to the car, there was a man standing next to the driver side door of our 2020 X and it was wide open. He said the door was left open and instead of closing it, he stood watch and waited for the owner to return. He didn't want to close the door in fear of locking the key inside for the owner.

She had the key with her inside the grocery store and it was a solid move by a bystander at the time.

And if helpful, there were maybe 1-2 times when I walk down to my garage and see the driver door wide open.

I consider myself lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if your door was left wide open due to a bug of some sort. In my 3+ years of ownership, I've seen a fair share of "bugs" on the X. Rarely are they reproducible though unfortunately...

Oh also I’d like to leave a message for this person who were in my car earlier this AM

Thank you for keeping the car clean (although a little bit messy, that’s understandable giving the fact you were probably in a hurry). Amongst the chaos you dropped some unknown power thing (in clear purple casing). Not sure if it’s drug or calcium supplement but I left by the curb side of where the X were last night. If you need it you could find it there. I won’t be watching you

Good day

Believe it or not, this could be it. A few years ago, my wife took the X to pick up groceries. When she returned to the car, there was a man standing next to the driver side door of our 2020 X and it was wide open. He said the door was left open and instead of closing it, he stood watch and waited for the owner to return. He didn't want to close the door in fear of locking the key inside for the owner.

She had the key with her inside the grocery store and it was a solid move by a bystander at the time.

And if helpful, there were maybe 1-2 times when I walk down to my garage and see the driver door wide open.

I consider myself lucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if your door was left wide open due to a bug of some sort. In my 3+ years of ownership, I've seen a fair share of "bugs" on the X. Rarely are they reproducible though unfortunately...
It is a cool car but now I miss my bimmer, which is a little more reliable than this

It is a cool car but now I miss my bimmer
Oh also I’d like to leave a message for this person who were in my car earlier this AM

Thank you for keeping the car clean (although a little bit messy, that’s understandable giving the fact you were probably in a hurry). Amongst the chaos you dropped some unknown power thing (in clear purple casing). Not sure if it’s drug or calcium supplement but I left by the curb side of where the X were last night. If you need it you could find it there. I won’t be watching you

Good day
Powder* I mean

(I can’t edit this thing?)

I just saw another post similar (or same?) on Reddit but the Reddit one says the trunk was opened instead of frunk. Hopefully it's not some glitch. Last Monday and Tuesday, my charging port was opened out of nowhere when I wake the car to get in. It only happened twice and it stopped so not sure what happened. I haven't had any software update since then.