Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simply not true. I made the switch before the increase and I can switch back to blue without the increase as well. Pls don’t spread misinformation
It's not misinformation at all. I literally called the Sales Advisor to see if I can switch colors because when I tried to do it on the website it was only quoting me the increased $500 price. She confirmed that if I am to change my color I have to pay off the new MSRP because I don't have a VIN yet.

Who told you you'd have to pay the $500? That has never been Tesla's policy. I made a color change after there had been $10,000 price increase and an increase to the delivery/destination fee and I didn't have to pay the increase on either. Just had to pay for my new option (which was blue color from gray (free at the time)).
I wish I had a better answer. The Sales Advisor specifically told me I couldn't change the color from Blue to Gray without paying the new MSRP (which was $500 more than what my order was locked in at). I don't like it either but that's what I was told so I didn't switch.

OD: 20 Jan 23
Blue/Black/19" Geminis/No Options
EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: 2 Mar 23 - 31 Mar 23
Texas (an hour North of Austin)
Well now that the IRS lifted it's price cap for Model Ys I switched up my order to a White Model Y Performance. No change to my EDD 2 so we'll see what the next update is. Here's my new info that I'll post in the White MYP room... Good luck Blue Exterior MYLR folks, it was great getting to know ya!

Hey, everyone. Just got my VIN (PA066*) assigned today. Details are below:

Order Date: 1/14/23; 9:00 PM PST
Build: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19
EDD #1: February 4 - March 4
EDD #2: February 14 - March 21 (updated on 1/24)
EDD #3: February 8 - February 22 (updated 1/30)
EDD #4: February 15 - February 24 (updated 2/4)

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow Location: Northern Virginia
OD: 01/14 noon
@01/17 EDD: 01/31 - 02/28
@01/29 VIN assigned PF66
@01/29 EDD: 02/02 - 02/11
@01/29 DD: 02/09 scheduled appointment.
@02/04 received text - vehicle @pickup location - can pickup as soon on 02/06 - But will pick on planned 02/09

Thanks for dropping my details in the thread Rasheed.

I only mention the rejected VIN because someone else that just received their Austin vin is PA066 compared to my PA062….

I think many of us that are reading these forums might be more particular about the condition of their cars upon delivery. Some of the threads I’ve read, along with the experience one of my friends went through have me wanting to be extra vigilant on delivery day…. I’m going to try to schedule delivery for next weekend.

I’ll let everyone know how it goes.