Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MY on Sat. I was disappointed there were no mud flaps, given that it’s Colorado, seems weird. The dealer had originally said it had some damage to the hatch and that I would need to bring it back in a couple weeks to get that fixed, but they must have already put a new hatch on because it was fixed when I took delivery. So, bottom line is that the inventory claiming thing worked, and I see others are trying it. :) Best of luck to you, but I would like to point something out:

It seemed crazy that Tesla made a price cut, not something you see at lot especially during inflationary periods. Well, now we know why. V4 hardware is in the pipeline. Since it has more and higher res cameras, and supposedly HD radar, so no retrofitting is possible. They had to clean out the v3 stockpile. Also really sucky they removed ultrasonic since it seems existing cars will never get top-down view, and likely only get poorly functioning partial replacement for the ultrasonic sensors given no camera can see the areas needed.

This whole thing has kind of made me rethink my plan for how long to keep it. If they are always forging ahead with new stuff it May be better to trade up every 3-5 years. So for me, I’m only getting partial paint protection in the critical areas. I’d do the whole vehicle if I were keeping it for 10. That brings me to my final point. Those who have orders pending but arent likely to make the tax credit window MAY want to consider holding off until the V4 hardware is available, because it really is a huge upgrade.

As always, just my opinion and like an EV battery, your mileage may vary. =P

Reactions: OTARon
The upside of delayed delivery, about 2 months longer than original EDD in my case, is we should know more after the Mar 1 investor meeting. And maybe have a shot a HW4 with additional sensors? While there will always be updates, the more I read, the more consequential HW3>HW4 sounds.

I have the same order date (acutally ordered on 1/16 but it shows 1/17) and I still do not have vin/delivery. I did get an update today for 2/21-3/7. I changed from MYLR to MYP and noticed you mentioned the stiff ride on the P but you ordered the same 21" uberturbine wheels? Why not go with something smaller? If you see a blue Y later this year on Broadhollow/110 & Pinelawn rd (around Blackstone steakhouse) in Melville, it could be me. :)
Received Vin and scheduled delivery for 2/26. They are working on 1/17 orders.

Reactions: Tickledblue
Just got a text that our Model Y arrived early!! So instead of 2/27, we can take delivery tomorrow or Friday. STILL waiting on my wife to reply to my text to see if she can do Friday (because tomorrow won't work for us). Teachers rarely get breaks during the day, so by the time she gets back to me, the time slot will probably be gone! 😭 :p

----Edit---

She replied back. We're penciled in for Friday afternoon.

Last edited:
OD: 1/17/23
EDD (as of 1/25): 2/23-3/30
EDD (as of 2/5): 2/19-3/19
VIN rec'd 2/21: PF69XXXX (Fremont built on 2/13)
Delivery Date: 2/25 (originally offered 2/27-28, but contacted SA because those dates did not work)
Blue/Black/19"/no tow
Did not ask about Matrix headlights so I'll let you know after delivery. SA was pretty sure it would have mud flaps and rear door ppf, but we will see.

Also, I had called and spoke to a SA on 1/25 and she mentioned that I was soft-matched for 2/28. I spoke to a couple of others after that did not tell me anything about that or confirm the date, but turns out it was pretty close.

FYI
Ordered on 1/18/23 at 5PM PST
Delivery tasks completed. Loan application approved 1/19/23
They provided a link to similar vehicles with less than 50 miles on
my account page, but the prices were higher than my agreement.
The price was $56,900 for blue MYLR in inventory.
MYLR Blue/Black/5 seater/No Tow
OD: 01/18
EDD1: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb 17 - Mar 17
EDD3: Mar 1 - Mar 31
No VIN yet