Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Blue/Black/5 seater/No Tow
OD: 01/18
EDD1: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb 17 - Mar 17
EDD3: Mar 1 - Mar 31
No VIN yet

I logged into my account this evening. On the manage page, they directed me to similar cars that were available.
If I would just click on the change order I could have a white MYLR for $3000 more than what I agreed to.
There were also a few Blue/Black NOT LONG RANGE available with induction wheels for more money.
So I did nothing and will wait for Tesla to honor the agreement,
I don't l;ike bait and switch.

I ordered mine jan 19th same as urs and received a vin today but I also had everything completed including the finance part. I was told by friends in the service center it can help speed the vin and delivery. I'm in SoCal edd March 18 from Austin

No VIN yet

I logged into my account this evening. On the manage page, they directed me to similar cars that were available.
If I would just click on the change order I could have a white MYLR for $3000 more than what I agreed to.
There were also a few Blue/Black NOT LONG RANGE available with induction wheels for more money.
So I did nothing and will wait for Tesla to honor the agreement,
I don't l;ike bait and switch.

Not sure how it’s ”bait and switch“ with Tesla honoring your original agreement. They’re simply offering you other options that would deliver early. Would it be more honest if they didn’t even tell you - some people have opted for alternatives?
  1. A fraudulent advertising claim or sales offer for a product or service that is not available or not for sale at the stated price, made with the intention of luring customers who are then offered something else or forced to spend more money to get the same thing.

Weekly updates from Tesla LOL. MYLR 19' Blue/black with hitch (I'm in Canada)
OD 1/24
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 12-31
EDD3 April 22 - June 02
EDD4 Mar 29 - Mar 31 (updated today, Feb 22nd)

EDD5 Mar 21 - Mar 31 (updated on Feb 28th)

I hope more people drop their orders after the investor day today, so that I can get my car faster LOL

Weekly updates from Tesla LOL. MYLR 19' Blue/black with hitch (I'm in Canada)
OD 1/24
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 12-31
EDD3 April 22 - June 02
EDD4 Mar 29 - Mar 31 (updated today, Feb 22nd)

EDD5 Mar 21 - Mar 31 (updated on Feb 28th)

I hope more people drop their orders after the investor day today, so that I can get my car faster LOL
That will be pretty good if you get it by end of March. My friend (in Canada) ordered 10 days after you (MSM/Black/19"/NoTow) and has EDD of Apr 29 - Jun 10 :oops:

Near Fremont
No VIN yet
I logged into my account March 1, and new options appeared, other vehicles available.
The long range options were a few thousand dollars more expensive than my $53,990.
But now there are MYSR, standard range models appearing with EPA 279 miles rating.
And the cheapest white/black is now $51,990. I believe these are Austin built with 4680 battery packs.
There is information that the new battery pack saves 100Kg weight and $4000 in cost.
I wonder if the new battery pack can be repaired as easily as the older version with 2170 batteries.

Near Fremont
No VIN yet
I logged into my account March 1, and new options appeared, other vehicles available.
The long range options were a few thousand dollars more expensive than my $53,990.
But now there are MYSR, standard range models appearing with EPA 279 miles rating.
And the cheapest white/black is now $51,990. I believe these are Austin built with 4680 battery packs.
There is information that the new battery pack saves 100Kg weight and $4000 in cost.
I wonder if the new battery pack can be repaired as easily as the older version with 2170 batteries.
I've seen that option appear when there is local inventory alternatives.

MYSR have been appearing for some time now in the inventory as 'coming soon.' So they are not actually in inventory, but already earmarked for manufacturing. You can't order them.

Yes, I believe they are based upon the 4680 battery (which is a different material ). There are pros and cons. I have not heard of any ease of replacement benefits.

I believe these are Austin built with 4680 battery packs. I wonder if the new battery pack can be repaired as easily as the older version with 2170 batteries.
Yes, I believe they are based upon the 4680 battery (which is a different material ). There are pros and cons. I have not heard of any ease of replacement benefits.
I can't point to a bullet proof source, but I've read the 4680 SRs are all structural battery packs. If so, I would think replacement would be more involved than the 2170 versions. FWIW