Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MYP - March Order Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it does seem like they’re assigning VINs well past the cutoff now. And because mine is a 7-seater, it’s guaranteed to come from Fremont where we know they’re doing HW4. But there are still quite a few Fremont-built Ys in the nationwide inventory (via EV-cpo.com) that were built before the cutoff. A few of them could be there because of order holds just like mine, and I could have the bad luck of receiving one of them. Through spying on the inventory, it seems like my exact build (LR, 7-seater, white exterior and interior, 19” wheels, tow hitch) is not very common, so I feel like I need to take full advantage of my 2 week hold in order to let all the HW3-equipped cars filter through the system a bit more.
I have the same exact configuration as yours. Od 05/22 , EDD - June 14 to June 30. No VIN yet , I hope they don't pawn off a HW3 on me . I was almost certain that I.would be getting a HW4 bur after reading your post I am worried.

Dang - my OD was 3/15 and my EDD was 6/2 - 6/11! At least you might get yours within a month. Though if I had gotten mine within a month, I’d have had HW3 for sure.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been looking at our configuration on new inventory on Waiting For Tesla, and haven’t seen a single new inventory car exactly matching it for about a week. There have been a few that match except for the 19” wheels, and now about 50% of those are made after the ~ 5/24 Fremont switchover to HW4. I think you are probably solid to get HW4.

Reactions: illusion
Dang - my OD was 3/15 and my EDD was 6/2 - 6/11! At least you might get yours within a month. Though if I had gotten mine within a month, I’d have had HW3 for sure.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been looking at our configuration on new inventory on Waiting For Tesla, and haven’t seen a single new inventory car exactly matching it for about a week. There have been a few that match except for the 19” wheels, and now about 50% of those are made after the ~ 5/24 Fremont switchover to HW4. I think you are probably solid to get HW4.
See this . Since Freemont switched to HW4 around 05/24, i still see cars available today built before that . i think it is still touch and go for me :(. I hope they dont try to pawn the first car on me.

1686234363185.png

That top one must be gone now; wasn’t there when I searched just now. I’m still not coming up with any exact hits on LRAWD/7 seat/white/white/19”/tow. Though Waiting For Tesla doesn’t let you filter by wheels, I’m only getting matches that have the 20” wheels.

That top one must be gone now; wasn’t there when I searched just now. I’m still not coming up with any exact hits on LRAWD/7 seat/white/white/19”/tow. Though Waiting For Tesla doesn’t let you filter by wheels, I’m only getting matches that have the 20” wheels.
Changed my color from White to Blue today . I guess I will be again thrown to the back of the line ! I saw some Blue Y's and they were looking really good !

Reactions: mark02115
Changed my color from White to Blue today . I guess I will be again thrown to the back of the line ! I saw some Blue Y's and they were looking really good !
I do like the blue - that is my MS color and with white seats its sharp. Plus hopefully this will get you a HW4 car. Good luck. My car was supposed to be delivered today but it got delayed - now Monday, a day of rain here :-(

I got white because it’s cheapest and I’m getting it wrapped as soon as I get it anyway. Already bought this 3M Deep Space wrap:
IMG_3248.jpeg

Also, when I search for my build, most of the cars coming up in new inventory now are made in June (so, HW4!). But still none that exactly match with 19” wheels.

IMG_3249.jpeg

I got white because it’s cheapest and I’m getting it wrapped as soon as I get it anyway. Already bought this 3M Deep Space wrap:
View attachment 945162

Also, when I search for my build, most of the cars coming up in new inventory now are made in June (so, HW4!). But still none that exactly match with 19” wheels.

View attachment 945163
Are you going to wrap your own car yourself ? How much will that cost you for the materials ?

I wanted white too but my son finds it too boring and my wife thinks white cars looks like a rental car . I told my son this Car will be given to you if you go to College after 5 years . He said then 'I want Blue'. :cool:

No I’m having it professionally wrapped, but I already ordered the film (through the shop that is doing the wrap) so it’s there waiting on my car. It’s over $2,700 total including labor, so quite a bit more pricey than even the red paint, but it will serve as a modest paint protection, will look really cool, and will give me a chance to change the look in 5 years or so when I get tired of it (most wraps last about that long).

I think the blue looks really cool and if I were picking strictly a Tesla paint color, I’d pick blue.

MYAWD just popped up on existing inventory where I’m located with my exact configuration gray/white interior. I’d have to pay $500 more than my original order ($49,240 to $49,740), have to do a soft pull after just doing a credit pull two weeks ago and they can’t confirm whether it has HW4. Thoughts on whether I should take it?

MYAWD just popped up on existing inventory where I’m located with my exact configuration gray/white interior. I’d have to pay $500 more than my original order ($49,240 to $49,740), have to do a soft pull after just doing a credit pull two weeks ago and they can’t confirm whether it has HW4. Thoughts on whether I should take it?
Check the build date in waiting for tesla.