Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So really really sucks. We found out my wife is pregnant and need a bigger house. Had to do a pre-approval letter and basically told no big purchases or it will screw up the lending process. I freak out and change my color to blue so I can have a month to buy another house, then buy the tesla. I get my vin# within 24 hours of changing to blue and a shorter window 😭😭😭. I'm gonna have to cancel this car I've been waiting 4 months for
Congrats on the Baby and the new house anyways! Better not let your wife read that post, it doesn't start off too well LOL

Reactions: PinkWarrior
So really really sucks. We found out my wife is pregnant and need a bigger house. Had to do a pre-approval letter and basically told no big purchases or it will screw up the lending process. I freak out and change my color to blue so I can have a month to buy another house, then buy the tesla. I get my vin# within 24 hours of changing to blue and a shorter window 😭😭😭. I'm gonna have to cancel this car I've been waiting 4 months for
Change the order again!

Why cancel? Why not just switch to LR or something and push out the delivery until you’ve finalized on the house? That way you keep the pricing that you locked in at deposit time. Yeah you’ll have to wait longer, but better than cancelling.

Reactions: PinkWarrior
Originally ordered MYLR7 MSM/White No FSD No tow Carlsbad, CA (Emotional rollercoaster represented below via emoji's)

😄Order Date - 5/7
😊EDD1 - Oct-Dec
😭EDD2 - 12/8-2/2
Changed to MYP black/white No FSD No tow with SA
🤦EDD3 - Jan-April 2023
🥳EDD4 - 8/16 - 9/20
😄EDD5 - 8/1 - 8/15
🥹EDD6 - 8/3 - 8/14

Went in yesterday and SA said to complete financing in app. Got 4.24 on a 72 month with US Bank (same rate for a 60).

Just waiting for VIN. Trying not to get excited... Once you have a 2 week window how quickly do people typically receive the VIN? Is it consistent?

Originally ordered MYLR7 MSM/White No FSD No tow Carlsbad, CA (Emotional rollercoaster represented below via emoji's)

😄Order Date - 5/7
😊EDD1 - Oct-Dec
😭EDD2 - 12/8-2/2
🤦EDD3 - Jan-April 2023
🥳EDD4 - 8/16 - 9/20
😄EDD5 - 8/1 - 8/15
🥹EDD6 - 8/3 - 8/14

Went in yesterday and SA said to complete financing in app. Got 4.24 on a 72 month with US Bank (same rate for a 60).

Just waiting for VIN. Trying not to get excited... Once you have a 2 week window how quickly do people typically receive the VIN? Is it consistent?
Similar situation. I don't think there is a consistent answer to the 2 week to vin question. Some people have many two week windows, Hopefully that doesnt happen to us ;)

😄Order Date - 5/7
😊EDD1 - Oct-Dec
😭EDD2 - 12/8-2/2
🤦EDD3 - Jan-April 2023
🥳EDD4 - 8/16 - 9/20
😄EDD5 - 8/1 - 8/15
🥹EDD6 - 8/3 - 8/14

I would say about a week or so until you get VINd. I believe someone earlier had also mentioned this before in a post. I kept count in my head as I was curious to see if it held some truth. But could just be coincidence.

Reactions: Jrhcustom91
Posted to the main MYP thread but also posting here:

Got an update today (around 8am?), finally! Still no VIN though... Is an 11 day window normal?

Should I wait on VIN before initiating trade-in again? Currently set to no trade in since it timed out a couple times already. I'm just worried about some reports we've seen of people getting a VIN with like a pickup window a couple days after.

MYP Blue/White, no Tow no FSD
OD May 17
EDD: Late July - Early Sept
EDD2: June 24 - July 8
EDD3: Aug 3 - Sep 7 (Updated June 25)
EDD4: Aug 12 - Sep 9 (Updated July 21)
EDD5: Aug 4 - Aug 15 (Updated July 30)

Washington, near Seattle

MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - Black interior - 21" Überturbine - No tow - FSD

Order Date: 5/13

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1

EDD 2 (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10

EDD 3 (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10
EDD 4 (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29.

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

No VIN.

Woke up today, the 30th to an updated delivery date of August 25 - September 29.

:(

Got the MYP today. Thanks to this forum for all the support.
OD 4/1/22 MYP white default config no FSD. Virginia

Edd1 13 June -18 July
Edd2 15June-13July
Edd3 18June-2July
Edd4 On 11 June changed to 11July-8August
Edd5 On 15 June changed to 18July-22August
Edd6 on 23 June changed to 21July-18August
Edd7 on 10 July changed to 26July-9August
Edd8 on 16 July changed to 27July-10August
Edd9 on 25 July changed to 28July-1August
26 July invited to schedule delivery and email depart from factory
Got the vehicle on 30 July
Excellent service at Tyco Tesla in Tyson’s Virginia. No issues with the car at all.

I got the trade in text last week like many others. Then yesterday my EDD got pushed out. Bummer.

MYP MSM/Black, tow, no FSD
OD 5/11
EDD 1- 8/24-10/5
EDD 2- 8/2-9/13
EDD 3- 7/26-8/30
EDD 4- 8/16-9/13

Seems like most of those getting VINs right now have OD in first few days of May, so I guess I’m not too surprised I got pushed. Hopefully I’m in the next wave.
Well, got a two week window this morning. 8/8-8/22. Getting close!

Reject the VIN and put account on hold for a couple of weeks. You should be able to get away with it. At least try, what do you have to loose vice cancelling yourself.