Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
coming from China
Not sure how I feel about this. I don't think I know enough of the current state of things, but I had been under the impression that the MIB ones were finished a bit better, with a parcel shelf, and with all electronics included (instead of missing USB and towhitch circuitry). Does anyone who is better informed than me know whether MICs or MIBs are likely to be better?

Not sure how I feel about this. I don't think I know enough of the current state of things, but I had been under the impression that the MIB ones were finished a bit better, with a parcel shelf, and with all electronics included (instead of missing USB and towhitch circuitry). Does anyone who is better informed than me know whether MICs or MIBs are likely to be better?
My thoughts on this are surely they're all built to the same spec - regardless of manufacture location. Ultimately new features will be added as evolution always happens but I'd expect them to be similar when built at a similar time (if that makes sense!)

I’d prefer a Berlin built car as I would imagine the paint will be better on the MIG model but I’ve been waiting nearly a year now and just want it on my drive ! Everyone with the Long Range seem happy with theirs from China

Reactions: Jamo77
I would assume the Tesla factories are all standardised production lines and machines so it makes no real difference where it comes from.

I see it as a German pressing the start button on the production line after a morning cuppa or a Chinaman 🤣

It seems LR's have been delivered to the UK with parcel shelves and they're from China I believe.

Reactions: Jamo77