Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing is though, how many of Tesla's "coming soon" promises have been kept? Do you trust them to implement them in a reasonable time frame? Having seen how they've kept people that paid five-figure sums for FSD hanging on four many years, without the slightest hint of apology for the lack of delivered features, I can't imagine that Tesla will prioritise replacing our missing features. The problem is that they're now too successful for their own good - it doesn't matter how many times they mug us off, they'll get away with it because people will keep placing orders.

I've got a Model X sat on my drive that does have these features, and I can imagine myself getting annoyed every time I experience a regression of functionality in the Model Y. The MX also has free supercharging... Maybe I should just get a MCU upgrade, put up with the silly doors, miss out on the extra second off the 0-60 time, and save myself about twenty grand.

If I come across as narky, that's because I'm annoyed at Tesla, and not you @AndyWarrington :)
I understand all that, no probs!
Tesla's process is pants - I think we can all say that's a given. Coming soon, and EDD's make this process a torture. The lack of communication between factory/production and customer services is non-existent. That's Tesla's biggest failure in my eyes.
Regards FSD - I don't see the point of it - in the UK anyway (yet). It's why I went for EAP, can always upgrade as and when FSD will be allowed/useful. I do think the way you can just pay the balance to upgrade is a decent offer, I think it could've been a very easy thing to do to make us pay full price for an upgrade like that but that's just my opinion.

Stick some hopium in your next brew, c'mon 💪
😁

I understand all that, no probs!
Tesla's process is pants - I think we can all say that's a given. Coming soon, and EDD's make this process a torture. The lack of communication between factory/production and customer services is non-existent. That's Tesla's biggest failure in my eyes.
Regards FSD - I don't see the point of it - in the UK anyway (yet). It's why I went for EAP, can always upgrade as and when FSD will be allowed/useful. I do think the way you can just pay the balance to upgrade is a decent offer, I think it could've been a very easy thing to do to make us pay full price for an upgrade like that but that's just my opinion.

Stick some hopium in your next brew, c'mon 💪
😁

I think the Telsa's are the better EVs on the market right now.
I'll likely switch back to BMW in a couple of years, or just pick up and deal with an iX if the Y turns out to be a piece of crap.

I've texted in the vain hope that they'll give some assurances as to when this missing functionality will be reinstated, but I have zero expectations that they'll provide a useful answer.

MYP in the spec I've ordered has gone up £5k since I ordered, and I'd lose the £200 deposit if I ordered a new one. The delivery estimate is Jan-Mar for a new order. I'd be curious to see how many folks here think Tesla will have TeslaVision implementing all functionality before a new order would get delivered.

I've texted in the vain hope that they'll give some assurances as to when this missing functionality will be reinstated, but I have zero expectations that they'll provide a useful answer.

MYP in the spec I've ordered has gone up £5k since I ordered, and I'd lose the £200 deposit if I ordered a new one. The delivery estimate is Jan-Mar for a new order. I'd be curious to see how many folks here think Tesla will have TeslaVision implementing all functionality before a new order would get delivered.
Suspect the reply will be even less useful than an EDD!

Isn’t the missing functionality parking assist, autopark, summon and smart summon, which are all things you’d use once and confine them to the list of things that don’t work in the uk. Park does, but you’d lose the will to live before the Tesla actually parked itself.

Isn’t the missing functionality parking assist, autopark, summon and smart summon, which are all things you’d use once and confine them to the list of things that don’t work in the uk
Yeah, that's definitely the case for summon and smart summon (I've never even gotten the latter to work once). Parking Assist is the whole "beeping when you get close to a thing" feature, and I'm absolutely atrocious at parking, so I think I'd find that quite valuable :)

Reactions: JamiePP
Any idea what happens if I click "Accept and Proceed with delivery" and then try and cancel later?

I've just been reading about the MCU2 upgrade for my MX, and I can't find anyone saying that they regretted it. I found three folks sharing their Wh/mi for the MYP, which averaged at 306Wh/mi. My MX gets about 440Wh/mi, so the MYP would use 25% less electricity... But then the MX gets free supercharging.

Decisions! Definitely feeling the sunk cost fallacy on this one. For a start, if I cancel my order, then the habit of checking my Tesla account and this thread several times a day will need to be replaced with something :)

Reactions: sliyk