Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just had a text and confirmed pick-up from Brent Cross, London on 21st December (Red w/Black MYP + Enhanced Auto)

I'm due to be driving up to Gothenburg, Sweden with the Mrs for Christmas on the 22nd and recently sold my Daily Driver (BMW M4 Competition), I really wasn't looking forward to driving ~17hrs in each direction in my MX-5 so am chuffed at the timing!

Managed to get the same car I wanted from Inventory today and finally collecting it on Monday from NEC… super excited now.

Just got a call from Tesla then to arrange my original order which i didn’t cancel which i’ve booked for Manchester on 21st December and a mates going to have that one off me.

Finally time to get excited 🥳.
Did you pay for the original order? Are you getting the money reallocated ? What’s this process looking like for you? I’ve been waiting 3 days now

I FINALLY GOT MY TEXT.

Still nothing from the lease co mind.

20th Dec Delivery

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 17.39.07.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 17.39.07.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: sliyk
Did you pay for the original order? Are you getting the money reallocated ? What’s this process looking like for you? I’ve been waiting 3 days now
So i paid for the inventory one in full today. The original order car i’m still waiting for an invoice to be sent as only the £200 deposit has been paid. I got a call tonight from them saying you do realise you have 2 cars now is everything ok and they’re ringing me tomorrow to transfer the registration to the other person and get their details. Its being paid for by a business cash purchase so it will just be the name change but still same invoice address so im guessing its why its easy

Reactions: buggles
Just had the same text and I’m out the country that week - why do I feel like I’m about to loose this car 😳
Spoke to Tesla on live chat and they agreed I could name someone to pick it up on my behalf and I had to email them with their name and driving license. I did this and they responded and confirmed.

Anyone had any experience, was it really as straightforward as this?

Spoke to Tesla on live chat and they agreed I could name someone to pick it up on my behalf and I had to email them with their name and driving license. I did this and they responded and confirmed.

Anyone had any experience, was it really as straightforward as this?
Yeah I was told the same today. They just need it in writing from you and a copy of their licence so i assume as you’ve paid for it and own it its yours to dictate who collects it i guess

Yeah I was told the same today. They just need it in writing from you and a copy of their licence so i assume as you’ve paid for it and own it its yours to dictate who collects it i guess
I’m actually financing it with Tesla but they were fine too, I guess end of day to your point if I give them authority then why do they care who collects it… I have all the conversation screenshots and will print for him in case any problems.

Reactions: Shirgman1
Does anyone know if Tesla will make up private (number) plates for you after collecting the car? I know they will not do it before taking ownership of the car.

If possible, I'd prefer to avoid having to visit Halfords to get a set of plates made up that "hopefully" fit in the Tesla number plate holders.