Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the people who have already collected and paid cash, how long before collection did Tesla generate your invoice, I'm due to collect on the 21st but not had any request for payment or payment due by notifications? (Not that I'm keen to part with my money but I want it all paid and sorted in good time :) )

Booked in Monday for a full paint correction, stealth wrap, ceramic treatment + black logos .
Takes 4 days I will upload some pics when done.
Then on 12th back to tesla for the new wheel .
Should look like this when I get K.I.T.T
Back.
190F1938-2B94-4654-94BD-E79280536926.jpeg

For the people who have already collected and paid cash, how long before collection did Tesla generate your invoice, I'm due to collect on the 21st but not had any request for payment or payment due by notifications? (Not that I'm keen to part with my money but I want it all paid and sorted in good time :) )
5 days before I think.
I sent payment in one go . Tesla received in 2 hours.

Reactions: daveface
Full payment is req'd 7 days prior to collection and they give you 7 days to pay it so your invoice/payment request should arrive 14 days prior to collection 👍

Reactions: daveface
I am collecting on the 17th and not had a payment request... I will wait until Monday or Tuesday and call them.

For the lucky ones who took delivery a week or 2 ago at this stage, have the first impressions lasted?
Yes - had it for just over 2 weeks and still love it.

The ride quality is fine.
Handles really well considering its bulk.
The grip is out of this world.
Acceleration is really fast, but off the line is where it's exceptional.
Loads of space.
Very easy to drive and accessible (according to the wife).

Love it.

Hey all,

Anyone feels nervous driving the P? or not one with the car yet?

I've driven lots of cars and never been nervous. Ford Transit's, Luton Vans, BMW M3's BMW m'4.

I am struggling with the agility of the car, it does not feel as agile I think its because the suspension does not feel as sporty and i get thrown around when going fast around a bend. Its this OR there are 21inch alloys and I feel nervous when driving and there is a pot hole.

I dont know. I am not one with the car yet, I usually become one with the car after 10-15 minutes. But most car's i've driven is BMW. Also the steering wheel feels hard when in Comfort mode, my van was deffo lighter...or is there something wrong with my wheel?

Looking forward to your thoughts, and please let me know what you have driven!

Hey all,

I've driven lots of cars and never been nervous. Ford Transit's, Luton Vans, BMW M3's BMW m'4.

I am struggling with the agility of the car, it does not feel as agile I think its because the suspension does not feel as sporty and i get thrown around when going fast around a bend. Its this OR there are 21inch alloys and I feel nervous when driving and there is a pot hole.

I dont know. I am not one with the car yet, I usually become one with the car after 10-15 minutes. But most car's i've driven is BMW. Also the steering wheel feels hard when in Comfort mode, my van was deffo lighter...or is there something wrong with my wheel?

Having said this, I never felt like this when driving the LR...its maybe the alloys?

Having said this, I never felt like this when driving the LR...its maybe the alloys?
It IS 2 tons of car with ridiculous torque and aggressive regen from a manufacturer not exactly known for their driving feel or feedback...

I got some funny looks when I test drove a Y LR, told the Tesla Employees that it was one of the most detached experiences I've ever had in a car but that I still wanted to proceed with ordering a Y Performance.

I've come to terms with redefining my expectations of driving EVs. I'm probably going to retain geared, naturally aspirated ICE cars for the rest of my life (for pleasure), but even in the Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo I test drove...it felt like a much bigger car with all the weight of the battery moving around and being ever-present in the turn/under braking. The torque/acceleration is addictive with EVs, but personally...the driving dynamics are not there at ALL. The Model Y is not terrible...but if you're coming from M Division BMW, AMG Mercedes, Porsche or even sportier Toyotas, Mazdas etc. you're not going to have a great time making direct comparisons regards trackability/cornering/handling of wind-y B-Roads.

Ask me which I'd want City Driving or at Traffic Lights, on a Motorway on-ramp or overtaking on an A-Road/Motorway (80%+ of my driving) and the EVs win every time - Clearly there was enough upside for me to throw £70k+ at a Model Y Performance!

I have never felt detached to the point of feeling unsafe (beyond feeling a sense of responsibility having a few tons of metal capable of rollercoaster levels of acceleration with less than stellar feedback). I'd probably recommend changing some settings regards 'throttle response', steering weight & regen to more closely replicate ICE until that feeling subsides!

Last edited:
Hey all,

It is 2 ton SUV with a low CoG, so not really like for like with M3/4. Similar power, but all instant - going to feel very different, especialy if your previous cars were rwd only. Also, most cars of recent years have very different steering feel - even BMW admit their steering is not what it used to be. It is, alfter all, a performance family SUV. I am still mulling keeping me P100D...