Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much of the cost is in polishing the paint and removing defects. The actual application of the coating is an hours work, and the coatings themselves vary from £10 which is no more than a decent wax, up to £50-£70 for one of the more premium ones. You can have a ceramic coating put on with minimal paint correction cheaply if not a DIY job.

The benefit thereafter is keeping it clean is easier and less likely to introduce marring to the paint as dirt washes of easier if you follow a largely contactless cleaning process.
Yeah I guess my issue is with it being marketed in some places as “paint protection” which is often interpreted by consumers as “will help with rock chips and scratches” which it won’t very much.

Tesla plate holders gone . That’s better!! plus I’m sure keeping the bumper profile adds to the range as that’s the shape designed.

Attachments

• E4953AEE-A672-4929-90F5-050BB67B2FBF.jpeg
    E4953AEE-A672-4929-90F5-050BB67B2FBF.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 67
  • D2D3F34F-3F94-4130-AAA1-08B39EE7A525.jpeg
    D2D3F34F-3F94-4130-AAA1-08B39EE7A525.jpeg
    582.6 KB · Views: 53
  • E9F3B525-F609-4630-AAEB-878DFE3E16BD.jpeg
    E9F3B525-F609-4630-AAEB-878DFE3E16BD.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 55
How easy is the number plate holder to come off? asking as i am just going to change the plate on my lease car (not thinking of vinyls even though theyre brilliant)
It unclips very easily, just pull on the black strip that runs along the bottom of the number plate. The aluminium plate slips out , It then reveals the plate holder , 2 screws to be undone, then behind that the plate mount that has 2 star screws ☑️

Reactions: sliyk
Scared the sh*t out of myself when driving onto my kids driveway... the road in front of their house is down hill and the driveway slopes away from the road creating a grounding point at the point the path meets the drive. As I pulled in, heard a nasty scraping sound. I double checked with my daughter and thankfully it was only the ridiculously long front standard fit mudguards scraping on the high point.

Has anyone fitted shorter aftermarket mudguards?

Nearly 2 weeks into ownership, well lease, and have to say I love the MYP more than I thought I would. My wife and kids love it too.

This is my first foray into EV’s, in fact, delivery day was the first time I’d driven an EV, ever! I’m was at one with the one pedal driving almost straight away and it’s such an easy car to get along with. I like the firm ride, helps to make it feel more planted and the acceleration is so addictive 😁

Don’t think I’ll ever go back to ICE now for my family car and have a VW Corrado as a weekend toy for when I need that ICE fix.

Anyone had any more experience with the vibrating of the wheels / pedals? I took mine to a SC just after I got it for balancing and it didn't really make much difference.

When I approach 60mph you start to feel a rhythmic vibration through the wheels and the pedals. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

New owners

I would highly recommend getting this Air Vent cover to prevent the attached image!

62EF6E7C-A750-4726-A257-97AF07AB45FC.jpeg

Nearly happened to me, when the beads of some bracket fell apart in the car. Luckily I had this installed today.

I would try secure it down with some masking tape if it comes off because of the sticky tape when using warm air. Worked for me so far!

Try copying and pasting the the Link below for amazon

Amazon.co.uk
Granted, not everyone here will have a 3D printer, but these work too: Model Y Rear Vent Cover by MarcoBen

Scared the sh*t out of myself when driving onto my kids driveway... the road in front of their house is down hill and the driveway slopes away from the road creating a grounding point at the point the path meets the drive. As I pulled in, heard a nasty scraping sound. I double checked with my daughter and thankfully it was only the ridiculously long front standard fit mudguards scraping on the high point.

Has anyone fitted shorter aftermarket mudguards?
Reversing onto my drive gave me the exact same panic. Girlfriend immediately out of the car to see if I was bottoming out.