Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I just went to check mine. No noticeable update, however when I went into the Driver menu > Software it recognised an update and started downloading...
Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 16.15.37.png

Nav update complete - took just on an hour using WiFi. Mind you out here in the sticks I can only get FTTC and another 2 miles of copper cable so my “superfast” broadband never exceeds 15Mbps
No reason why it shouldn’t download from a good mobile 4G signal.

How long is download taking on average? And is it able to continue off-wifi?

For me it did not take a long time. Vent inside for maybe an hour, and when i got back in the car it was finished. It may have been less then an hour, but i did not check exactly how long. The downloadspeed on the car was 35Mbps, so 7.2GB it would take 30Min.

i'm on 500/500Mbps

I did a quick route after the update from my work in the south to back north and it suggested different supercharger home (similar charge as I usually have) so there’s definitely some changes

Last edited:
Nav update hasn't fixed the postcodes problem. Even selecting from a fixed marker from the on screen map, navigation only uses part of the postcode and navigates to wrong side of the road. Note same road name but different postcodes (PO7 7NU / 7NX), intersected by a dual carriageway, odd numbers one side, even numbers the other.

Satnav only uses road name + PO7, even when given PO7 7NU. Not much use when you have multiple London Road, Station Road, Church Street etc in same district and they could be quite some distance apart, or in this case, one road separated by a dual carriageway.

btw Chipguard are an Xpel Approved Installer

upload_2020-7-15_19-12-59.png

Last edited:
Nav update hasn't fixed the postcodes problem. Even selecting from a fixed marker from the on screen map, navigation only uses part of the postcode and navigates to wrong side of the road. Note same road name but different postcodes (PO7 7NU / 7NX), intersected by a dual carriageway, odd numbers one side, even numbers the other.

Satnav only uses road name + PO7, even when given PO7 7NU. Not much use when you have multiple London Road, Station Road, Church Street etc in same district and they could be quite some distance apart, or in this case, one road separated by a dual carriageway.

View attachment 564862

Lucky I live up here. Our postcode only covers about 10 houses all on a stretch of one unnamed road!!