Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, another 7.2GB download in the early hours and I'm back on the old map.

map2.jpg

Seems to be a roll-back. Multiple sources in the German Tesla forum tff-forum.de reported that they had another "update" already being on navigation data 2020.32-12313 and then they found the data to be back on 2019.20-10482.

Why they roll-back the update is up to speculation.
Same on my Model S 100D. Navigation Data has been rolled back last night from 2020.32-12313 to 2019-20-10482.

I've just has a large map download to 2019.21.1 where previously the car was on 2019.20. Maybe this was because of what just happened to my car...

Two days ago the car software updated to 2020.48.12.1 but without use until today.

It went into a meltdown this morning just because Spotify wasn't working & could no longer connect to the Tesla account (everything else was as normal). Tesla Tech support had told me to do a soft reset (...then lost all maps & connectivity even though a new board, e-Sim & firmware reboot were done at the SC last week), a second reset (...no change), a full reboot from the service menu (...nothing apart from the car going into hyper a/c & full fan, full temp twice then shutting down, finally restarting itself but without change) & finally I was asked to lock the car & walk away for 5 minutes.

On return it had reset to original factory settings, I was parked in Fremont CA surrounded by brown desert (I did check...sadly it was 5º & pouring outside), my Supercharger options were all in NL & almost all settings had changed back to default (except driving still showed sport but steering was chill & our phones/cards were still connected, Tesla support thought this was very strange but the logs since look completely normal, as has been the car).

Driving across the desert gradually reset my location & recalibrated the cameras (cactus missing but lots of rain + appearance of the obligatory blocked LH camera) - I could only get the UK superchargers back by a UK site voice search (voice control still working well) & after that all was fine. Stockport support have called me numerous time to check & update & will be doing so again tomorrow morning, exemplary service as usual from them which always helps in situations like this.

Tesla had sent me another update to 48.12.1 in case the original had been corrupted & we agreed I should do that at home followed by reconnection to Tesla Spotity. It was afterwards that the new download appeared & overwrote the 2019.20 map.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger and Durzel
I've just has a large map download to 2019.21.1 where previously the car was on 2019.20. Maybe this was because of what just happened to my car...

Two days ago the car software updated to 2020.48.12.1 but without use until today.

It went into a meltdown this morning just because Spotify wasn't working & could no longer connect to the Tesla account (everything else was as normal). Tesla Tech support had told me to do a soft reset (...then lost all maps & connectivity even though a new board, e-Sim & firmware reboot were done at the SC last week), a second reset (...no change), a full reboot from the service menu (...nothing apart from the car going into hyper a/c & full fan, full temp twice then shutting down, finally restarting itself but without change) & finally I was asked to lock the car & walk away for 5 minutes.

On return it had reset to original factory settings, I was parked in Fremont CA surrounded by brown desert (I did check...sadly it was 5º & pouring outside), my Supercharger options were all in NL & almost all settings had changed back to default (except driving still showed sport but steering was chill & our phones/cards were still connected, Tesla support thought this was very strange but the logs since look completely normal, as has been the car).

Driving across the desert gradually reset my location & recalibrated the cameras (cactus missing but lots of rain + appearance of the obligatory blocked LH camera) - I could only get the UK superchargers back by a UK site voice search (voice control still working well) & after that all was fine. Stockport support have called me numerous time to check & update & will be doing so again tomorrow morning, exemplary service as usual from them which always helps in situations like this.

Tesla had sent me another update to 48.12.1 in case the original had been corrupted & we agreed I should do that at home followed by reconnection to Tesla Spotity. It was afterwards that the new download appeared & overwrote the 2019.20 map.
My Spotify stopped working today, but I think I’ll leave it for now !