Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Update 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully puts the missing roads In and corrects the speed limits!
Hello, since last update the speed limits are a real mess for Belgium. In the previous version there were some errors but in the last version most of the speed limits for secondary roads are wrong. I really don't know where Tesla gets its information but here we are really screwed if we want to use the self driving features.

Hello, since last update the speed limits are a real mess for Belgium. In the previous version there were some errors but in the last version most of the speed limits for secondary roads are wrong. I really don't know where Tesla gets its information but here we are really screwed if we want to use the self driving features.
I don't understand we they can't just read roadsigns like other cars? My Merc has been faultless for 3 years in recognising speed limits, even all the brand new 20s in London and the seemingly endless "Upgrading to smart motorway" 50s that plague the country.

I don't understand we they can't just read roadsigns like other cars? My Merc has been faultless for 3 years in recognising speed limits, even all the brand new 20s in London and the seemingly endless "Upgrading to smart motorway" 50s that plague the country.

Even when a car can read road signs, the speed limits on the navigation map must be correct because here in Belgium all secondary roads are 70 unless a road sign indicates another speed limit.

Even when a car can read road signs, the speed limits on the navigation map must be correct because here in Belgium all secondary roads are 70 unless a road sign indicates another speed limit.
Agreed, it's similar here. we have "national speed limit" signs but the national speed limit differs depending on road type.

What is the patent that is blocking Tesla? Who owns it?

Since 2020.28.2 and the map update my car now thinks the speed limit through my sleepy rural Hampshire village is 60mph. My 11 year old son thought it was hilarious that the Tesla would blast through the village at 60 if on autopilot. Can’t say I found it so funny!

Last edited:
Another navigation update incoming? I already had the recent one that this thread talked about, and now another is coming...

0A9C27B2-827A-4CC9-A2B1-15B556B6DBB9.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
I had to pick up father in law from A&E after a nasty fall (headbutted the patio!)
Road to the hospital 30mph fine. car agrees
Road immediately around the hospital 20mph. Car says 60mph!!!
I’m sure It’s been 20mph for at least 13 years. Never has been 60mph. Wake up Elon.

Seems to be a roll-back. Multiple sources in the German Tesla forum tff-forum.de reported that they had another "update" already being on navigation data 2020.32-12313 and then they found the data to be back on 2019.20-10482.

Why they roll-back the update is up to speculation.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and CMc1