Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC Commissioner restrictions on Tesla Charlotte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, sadly NC continues to put up roadblocks and hurdles to Tesla and their way of doing business. Already we had the issue that Tesla Charlotte being unable actually sell cars. You could check out a car in the showroom, take a drive in one in a lifestyle/showcase experience, and work with either Tesla Raleigh or the Tesla Corporate (via the website) to order your car. You could then have it delivered at Tesla Charlotte after Tesla Corporate or Raleigh and you finish the necessary details, so Charlotte provided some good logistics for those of us in the area.

Sadly, the NC Commissioner feels that a gallery/showroom should not provide test drives/rides and as of 5 pm Friday, October 6th, Tesla Charlotte is no longer permitted to have people drive their cars at their location. Such a shame that NC continues to be so hostile to the consumers and voters in Charlotte (and surrounding areas) about their vehicle of choice.

More details are available at Charlotte Tesla Owners/Enthusiasts

Additional info also available at:
Charlotte Tesla Owners/Enthusiasts Specific Post 1
Charlotte Tesla Owners/Enthusiasts Specific Post 2

Just another reason NC is falling to the back of the line, such backwards thinking. Cant we get together and have a list of owners that would be willing to spend a day with potential buyers riding in their cars in exchange for using there ID numbers for tesla goodies. I would be more than willing to hang out in Charlotte with my 90D MX to help out. Any thoughts?

Just another reason NC is falling to the back of the line, such backwards thinking. Cant we get together and have a list of owners that would be willing to spend a day with potential buyers riding in their cars in exchange for using there ID numbers for tesla goodies. I would be more than willing to hang out in Charlotte with my 90D MX to help out. Any thoughts?

The Charlotte Tesla Owners Club and the Charlotte Electric Auto Association are working on getting a community event going. The idea behind private owners showcasing there cars has been brought up by many and a potentially great idea, assuming we aren't breaking any laws/regulations.

The Charlotte Tesla Owners Club and the Charlotte Electric Auto Association are working on getting a community event going. The idea behind private owners showcasing there cars has been brought up by many and a potentially great idea, assuming we aren't breaking any laws/regulations.

I would love to stay posted on this down in Columbia. I bet we could even get some Columbia owners to participate since Charlotte is the closest location to us.

I would love to stay posted on this down in Columbia. I bet we could even get some Columbia owners to participate since Charlotte is the closest location to us.

We have a group from Columbia we see regularly. Great bunch. Maybe we will get the chance to see you soon as well. I’d love if the Charlotte group drives down sometime too as I’ve never explored Columbia beyond the Supercharger.

If you are on Facebook, check out our group site at https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeslaOwnersCharlotte/

Reactions: Drucifer
I would think the out of state plate would be a good showing of what you can have in other states but not in NC. Has anyone heard what if anything Tesla and their team of lawyers are doing in NC?
I requested a loaner from the good folks in Charlotte last weekend and took the car to a big wedding event and showed off the car all weekend. Basically I showed the car to anyone and everyone who wanted a ride in a space ship. It was a hit.... and hopefully it helped charlotte out. If you need a referral code and you are in North Carolina, I'm happy to answer questions. But drum up some business for them nonetheless.

All are invited to our “Frunk or Treat” event on Saturday, October 28th from 2p - 4p at Wedgewood Church (4800 Wedgewood Drive) in Charlotte, NC.

“Bring some candy, decorate your Tesla, if you like, and help us show off these amazing electric vehicles.”

To be clear folks, we are encouraging owners of all EVs, not just Teslas, to come together for a Halloween social meet-and-greet. We’ll be discussing EVs in general as well as Tesla Charlotte’s predicament of being unable to offer Tesla Drive Experiences at this time. Please note that this event is not focused on nor offers test drives and rides. If anyone wishes to leave the event temporarily and showcase their car with a ride or drive, they are not doing so as representatives of Tesla Owners Charlotte or the Charlotte Electric Auto Association and are conducting their own, private, personal activity.