Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, when I access the app, the GPS coordinates never show. Doesn't matter if I do it through the BV Wifi, or the Cloud.

Two easy ways to check if GPS is working:

1. See if the blue LED on the backside of the front camera is on. You'll have to do this after driving for 5-10 mins.
2. Watch one of your videos. You should have a speed readout, not just 3 dashes.

I previously did a review of the Blackvue DR650S Review + Tesla Model X Install and it has been awesome on my Model X. I noticed mention of the DR750S on the mobile app update release notes and did some googling and found these infographics.

Will probably get this for my Model 3 and try to get one as soon as its available so I can post a review for you guys!

View attachment 241357 View attachment 241358 View attachment 241359 View attachment 241360

I may have missed this in the discussion. In real time can I see whats going on around my car since it has built in WiFi?
Example: In store shopping. Car parked way-way-way across parking lot. Whip out the smartphone see whats going on around car. Tap Tesla app to turn on the A/C to cool it down from 110F.

The night recording is so poor on the 650 that I would be very interested in the 750. I need more than what they posted in that video though. Thanks to my Black Vue I was able to identify the Jeep that took out a small piece of my Matt wrap.... I also identified a witness that I will attempt to locate when I get back home. Very worth it.
When my S jumped lanes on Autopilot, I was able to send that footage to Tesla. It is definitely worth it, just if there is an event in low light, the Blackvue is useless. This is why I am interested in looking into the 750. I would do the 4 camera set up on our X and probably put the low light camera on the side.... I think..?

I may have missed this in the discussion. In real time can I see whats going on around my car since it has built in WiFi?
Example: In store shopping. Car parked way-way-way across parking lot. Whip out the smartphone see whats going on around car. Tap Tesla app to turn on the A/C to cool it down from 110F.

Yup! Just make sure you have a wifi hotspot in the car (Verizon/ATT/etc...) You can also get a freedompop hotspot that offers 1gb of data free per month which I use on my X and Acura.

• Informative
Reactions: RacerX
Yup! Just make sure you have a wifi hotspot in the car (Verizon/ATT/etc...) You can also get a freedompop hotspot that offers 1gb of data free per month which I use on my X and Acura.

I was going to start a thread on what Hotspots people are using. I looked at Freedom Pop, and the review were not great. I want a dedicated Hotspot mostly for my Blackvue, but nothing has been truly compelling. Can you explain why you used Freedom Pop and why you didn't use AT&T, Verizon or Sprint?

I was going to start a thread on what Hotspots people are using. I looked at Freedom Pop, and the review were not great. I want a dedicated Hotspot mostly for my Blackvue, but nothing has been truly compelling. Can you explain why you used Freedom Pop and why you didn't use AT&T, Verizon or Sprint?

you can buy a $20 freedompop hotspot and it comes with 1gb free per month on sprints network or 700mb on att.

Yup! Because it's free and I don't have to pay $20 per month

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I wonder what will be the most feasible method to gain a constant 12V power on the 3. It's easy on the S due to the panel on top but the 3 doesn't seem to have one. I guess we will have to use the OBD port.

Rumor is that there won't be an OBD port on the Model 3. (Or at least not one that will work for much. Navdy was specifically mentioned.)

I was going to start a thread on what Hotspots people are using. I looked at Freedom Pop, and the review were not great. I want a dedicated Hotspot mostly for my Blackvue, but nothing has been truly compelling. Can you explain why you used Freedom Pop and why you didn't use At
I just plan to use it for power not diagnostic

I didn't know the X had a OBD port. Re the freedom Pop, did you just have it in the cigarette port or did you have it wired to power magic? How long is the battery life? Wondering if charging while driving will be sufficient or if I need to plug it in @ home every couple of days.

Thanks!

I didn't know the X had a OBD port. Re the freedom Pop, did you just have it in the cigarette port or did you have it wired to power magic? How long is the battery life? Wondering if charging while driving will be sufficient or if I need to plug it in @ home every couple of days.

I use FreedomPop for the free 1 GB of data each month. I have the hotspot plugged into the cigarette port in the trunk area of the Model X. I had it in the front console previously, but that was causing the GPS on the BlackVue to lose contact with the satellites.

I've never come close to the free data limit each month since I only use it to notify me of event triggering a recording when in parking mode, for example.

Hope this helps!

Splendid. I just bought it ... I think. $20 + shipping. This covers the device and everything else I would need or do I need to buy a cigarette lighter adopter as well? Do you ever run out of charge? Great idea to place it in the back away from the kids!

I was going to start a thread on what Hotspots people are using. I looked at Freedom Pop, and the review were not great. I want a dedicated Hotspot mostly for my Blackvue, but nothing has been truly compelling. Can you explain why you used Freedom Pop and why you didn't use At

Thanks!

My hotspot is hard wired so its always powered