Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blackvue Dashcam (DR750S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's on the Blackvue website
Front: Black / Width 118.5 mm x Height 36 mm / 90 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 25 g
Front: Black / Width 118.5 mm x Height 36 mm / 96 g
Rear: Black / Width 67.4 mm x Height 25 mm / 28 g

Same size, but as I mentioned above, the 750 requires a new front mount
Thanks, that is very encouraging. I have one of those 3D printed replacement rear-view mirror bracket cover that has a slot/hole for the DR650S. I'm hoping that the DR750S will simply slide in the same way.

Here's a detailed explanation from the DashCam store regarding the new mount

" the answer is 1.420” for the body of the camera but the difference in the mount is the recessed lip around the end cap of the camera. This was a slight modification that unfortunately doesn’t allow the DR750S camera to fit the DR650S mount although the DR650S camera will fit the DR750S mount "

I got am image in the email from them but I guess I need to figure out how to post it

f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4LR2lW4Y92Rg1q7zzlW1qg9jY1pctGFW8qdJbj1k1H6H0

Where did you order from?

You can order it from here: DR750S-2CH - Dual Full HD Cloud Dashcam by BlackVue™

Are you installing it yourself?

Yes, I installed my 650S and have installed a 650GW on my last Tesla and my friends Tesla. Video here:

I would like to see the video without any lights. If this camera has night vision, I am in! If not, and this is as good as the 650... Not sure why I would shell out $400 two months after I bought the 650.

The 650S is a great dashcam. I love mine. But just like you mentioned, I have high hopes for the 750S starvis sensor low light improvement!

I will be doing a complete review with side by side video compared to my 650S. :)

The pros of the 750S that the 650S doesn't have:
- Full 1080 rear camera at 30 FPS (650S is 720 at 30 FPS)
- Front camera is still 1080 but gets a bump up to 60 FPS (650S is 1080 at 30 FPS)
- A much better CMOS sensor that improves night time recording. Night & Day difference (some pun intended)
- A few extra lights that let the user know what kind of recording is happening
- Proximity sensor to toggle audio recording on/off by waving your hand (interested to see this. I plan to keep audio on 24/7 so I am hoping I don't get false triggers) But the cool thing is this sensor can be configured to trigger event recordings instead.
- Event files (manually triggered or from an accident) are stored on the SD and not written over until you reach the max stored files (50)

But given these improvements I would almost like to see a bump in their SD cards to 256GB.

Thanks Erik

You can order it from here: DR750S-2CH - Dual Full HD Cloud Dashcam by BlackVue™

Yes, I installed my 650S and have installed a 650GW on my last Tesla and my friends Tesla. Video here:

The 650S is a great dashcam. I love mine. But just like you mentioned, I have high hopes for the 750S starvis sensor low light improvement!

I will be doing a complete review with side by side video compared to my 650S. :)

The pros of the 750S that the 650S doesn't have:
- Full 1080 rear camera at 30 FPS (650S is 720 at 30 FPS)
- Front camera is still 1080 but gets a bump up to 60 FPS (650S is 1080 at 30 FPS)
- A much better CMOS sensor that improves night time recording. Night & Day difference (some pun intended)
- Proximity sensor to toggle audio recording on/off by waving your hand (interested to see this. I plan to keep audio on 24/7 so I am hoping I don't get false triggers) But the cool thing is this sensor can be configured to trigger event recordings instead.
- Event files (manually triggered or from an accident) are stored on the SD and not written over until you reach the max stored files (50)

But given these improvements I would almost like to see a bump in their SD cards to 256GB.

Thanks Erik

Are you getting a 3? Would love to see a install for that later this year

-

I still don't know what this means. In my driveway where I had two dudes attempt to get into my car, my Nest camera's night vision gave the Police exactly what they were looking for... The 650 (older version) was useless. I have looked at my new 650 Blackvue at night and same thing...useless. I really need to "see" this better night vision that folks are referencing.

Lastly, I had a Foscam home camera that I could rotate with both my phone and watch... I expected the old Blackvue that I bought in 2015 to do this, but was surprised. Anyone else think that feature would be useful? At the time, wanted to use it to check in on my kids in the rear facing seated in the Model S.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Are you getting a 3? Would love to see a install for that later this year
Erik has a 3 reserved (March 31) and I'm sure he will put a dashcam in it first thing and record the install. I'm waiting for BlackBoxMyCar.com to get the 750 in and review it. They seem to have good prices for the preorder but I always wait for their comparisons which are excellent.

Yes, but hopefully the cameras will be improved to provide a "dash cam" using the on board cameras. Wishful thinking though.

Thanks Erik

I would probably attempt the install myself on the 3 (like I did my Acura) since I am messing with a $40k car instead of a $120k one...but having someone attempt the install first adds a level of confidence. Though I am sure you won't trouble with the install since you have done some insane mods on your S without breaking anything.

Reactions: DÆrik
I would probably attempt the install myself on the 3 (like I did my Acura) since I am messing with a $40k car instead of a $120k one...but having someone attempt the install first adds a level of confidence. Though I am sure you won't trouble with the install since you have done some insane mods on your S without breaking anything.
Well, the point is that Erik can break things, and show us, so we don't need to! (Just kidding, sort of, kinda... :D )

Hi all. So this dashcam uses analog coax signal from the back camera? Why not use Wifi to link the back and front cameras? It would be much easier to install if it just required a single 12V wire. Maybe I'm missing something. Coax, really?