Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New breed of Model 3 drivers out there.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
Watch out because there is a new breed of Model 3 driver out there.
Back in the day, we all used to give a friendly wave to each other. I'm talking way back in August.
I still do, however I'm not getting the same level of response as I used to.
I suspect the community may have been penetrated by some riff-raff
Whatever next? AA patrolmen will stop saluting soon...

I’m still waving and getting waves in return. I look forward to a salute from the AA! I got my M3 end of Sept. I think we should always be welcoming to new recruits :)

We have an original AA Box just along the road... complete with original saluting AA man ... especially for you!
AA-and-police.jpg

There used to be one on the A93 Ballater Road - kept in pristine condition too. Is that the one?

No it's at a junction with the A708 at Cappercleuch, halfway between Moffat and Selkirk beside of St Mary's Loch in the Scottish Borders. The AA does retain a few and they do the maintenance from time to time. They have no function (the internals are stripped out) beyond a bit publicity creating a wave of nostalgia in those of us old enough to remember them in use (and the key issued to members unlock them). The photo was during a classic car rally that takes place each year. The old guy spends his day being waved at and photographed ... he's nothing to do with the AA he's just a mad hobbyist!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL