Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model 3 Configuration Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
It's started. Some people (not me) have got their invites. Who is getting them? Did you wait in line on the first day or reserve online at the earliest moment? Are you going to defer to get AWD or cheaper version? What is your estimate to delivery or later config. Curious minds want to know :)

I think any current owner who reserved "early-ish" received the email today (as did I).
I put in a reservation in the Tesla store the evening of "day 1". I prefer to wait for AWD,
I haven't clicked on the email yet...busy!

I reserved online the earliest minute I could and still have not received an email invite to configure. Do you think that is because I had already selected to wait for the AWD version on my section on the Tesla site?

I'm an existing Tesla owner and placed my order 3/31/16 early in the line. Just got my invite to configure/order today. They're promising 4-week delivery timeline.

I'm not ordering as I want AWD. So it will likely sit for 6-8 months.

Figured people would be interested in the timing etc.
Tesla Invite to Configure 20180105.jpg

Great for you guys. But what happened to the whole chunk of land between the West and East Coast? Have not heard of any Midwest deliveries other than employees.:(
Wait, people live in the middle of the country too? (just kidding).

No idea. It sure doesn't seem like its rolling east from CA if there's nobody in the middle with invites. Some existing owners must have been early in line in those states too.

My M3 Delivery Estimate is December 2017 - February 2018, which is way earlier than I would have expected. I reserved a Model 3 on July 12 2017. Became a owner of a new MS75 in September 2017. I would happily take RWD (the axle God intended to drive my cars), the long range battery is a nice to have, premium upgrades is a got to have, and could live without air suspension. The deal killer for me is the black interior. Optimal is White on White, RWD, air suspension, standard battery, ludicrous.

Great for you guys. But what happened to the whole chunk of land between the West and East Coast? Have not heard of any Midwest deliveries other than employees.:(
Wait, people live in the middle of the country too? (just kidding).

No idea. It sure doesn't seem like its rolling east from CA if there's nobody in the middle with invites. Some existing owners must have been early in line in those states too.
At one point, the story became west coast first, then east coast, then center (vs a west-to-east march across the US). I don't have a source...

I got my email today, too. I have 2 first day, in-store reservations (~#60 in Natick). Original delivery estimates for first production were Nov-Jan for one and Oct-Dec for the other (one month current owner acceleration).

Current owner status turned out not to matter; both are available for configuration. I will probably delay at least until AWD. I may cancel one (I don't think I want to get rid of the P85+).

Ancient Tesla owner (since 2012!) Reserved in person in Boston 03/31/2016. Original estimate for first production was "Oct-Dec", then that moved to "Nov-Jan". Got the invite today...ordered today! "4 week delivery" But it said that even before I provided a delivery address.

Reactions: aronth5 and IdaX
I reserved day 1 about an hour before the reveal and am a current owner but I have not received an invite. I have not indicated (or decided) RWD vs AWD.
Best to check the Tesla site. I ordered the first day and specified RWD. Many others in Georgia started posting on Facebook that they received notification to configure. I still haven't. However, when I logged into the Tesla site and selected Manage on the M3 section, it took me to the configuration page. I know of at least 3 other Model X / S owners who have also not received a notification via email or the Tesla smartphone app. So best to check periodically!

Curious, did anyone who received an invitation to configure select anything other than "First Production" in the Delivery Estimator? Just trying to get a sense for whether the invitations are being sent regardless of what you've selected in the Delivery Estimator.

It's started. Some people (not me) have got their invites. Who is getting them? Did you wait in line on the first day or reserve online at the earliest moment? Are you going to defer to get AWD or cheaper version? What is your estimate to delivery or later config. Curious minds want to know :)
Got my invite yesterday. Reserved in person at Dedham on 3/31. Wasn't an owner at the time, but purchased a MX after seeing one while waiting in the reservation line for the 3. Delivery estimate was Nov-Jan as others have stated before. And, like others, not sure what I'm doing yet - wait for the AWD or order now ???

I got my invite yesterday (1/4). I ordered the 3 online as soon as it opened up.
I saved my place is line.
I probably won't get it, I love my S and my wife loves her Kia Soul EV which is way better for her shopping excursions than the small trunk opening of the 3. She was able to get a fully loaded Soul (save the pano roof) for $15,600 after federal tax credit. Sure it only goes 100 miles but with an S in the garage it is an ideal second car.
The only way I think I get the AWD 3 is if my S was totaled between now and then.