Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does as well, but only after the next day or after 11:59pm.. I can drive it all day with the new settings, run errands, etc.. at night still fine..

Get in the next morning and BAM! all 12's :mad:

Interesting.... I think you hit on something I had not thought about. Mine seemed to work for a while and then it would change all of a sudden. I think you hit on something. You should send this to Tesla Service.

One more piece of the puzzle.

Time to do some science. Since my equalizer levels were all reset to 3.5, I set one of the two midrange sliders to 2.0, then set another to 2.5 and dismissed the panel.

Next year (i.e. tomorrow morning), if the settings are still 3.5 across the board, we'll know that it's the highest value which is remembered. And if the settings are all 2.0, then it's the lowest value. But if the settings are all at 2.5 in the morning, that will indicate it was the last value modified.
Well, this is interesting: the values were all back to 3.5 this morning. That supports what @supratachophobia observed, i.e. the highest value is the one that sticks. I thought I had set some higher values than 3.5, but it could be that I was mistaken and when I stopped flddling with the equalizer, 3.5 was actually the highest value.

Tonight I'll try setting a different high-water value and see what happens.

I have new vehicle with 2.50.180, and have read this thread fully, but only tested Fob related topics of 2.50.144 on
prior MX vehicle. My EQ observations:

Never bothered to reset after delivery on 12/31/16
Did observe the EQ setting loss overnight(s), donno to what level they all went
Screen frooze today 1/2/17, did the Ohmman scroll-wheel reset technique
Then set some of my fav EQ settings (#1)
After 3 short stops, my fav EQ settings (#1) remained (this all within a same day)
Then I changed EQ settings (#2), also today, then did the Ohmman scroll-wheel reset technique again
Then I observed EQ settings (#2) remained upon boot-up

Now let's see what settings are active 2morrow morning. I expect all settings will be lost (the bug).
BTW, I'm a guitarist & drummer, and it's easy to tweek EQ anytime if I want. Come-on now, its easy.

I have new vehicle with 2.50.180, and have read this thread fully, but only tested Fob related topics of 2.50.144 on
prior MX vehicle. My EQ observations:

Never bothered to reset after delivery on 12/31/16
Did observe the EQ setting loss overnight(s), donno to what level they all went
Screen frooze today 1/2/17, did the Ohmman scroll-wheel reset technique
Then set some of my fav EQ settings (#1)
After 3 short stops, my fav EQ settings (#1) remained (this all within a same day)
Then I changed EQ settings (#2), also today, then did the Ohmman scroll-wheel reset technique again
Then I observed EQ settings (#2) remained upon boot-up

Now let's see what settings are active 2morrow morning. I expect all settings will be lost (the bug).
BTW, I'm a guitarist & drummer, and it's easy to tweek EQ anytime if I want. Come-on now, its easy.

EASY buy annoying, especially when I realize at 80mph I need to tweak. NOT SAFE. NOT practical. FIX IT PLEASE Elon.

Reactions: supratachophobia
EASY buy annoying, especially when I realize at 80mph I need to tweak. NOT SAFE. NOT practical. FIX IT PLEASE Elon.

That's just what we need: someone gets into an accident, while travelling 80 MPH and adjusting the equalizer settings, and Tesla will limit equalizer settings adjustments to when the car is in park! :)

Sheesh, I'm glad he found it funny... :rolleyes::mad:

The thing the Tesla employee found funny was something else. I only included that line because it mentioned calling Tesla, and was needed so that the next line about the equalizer being fixed would make sense.

You can click on the red arrow in the quoted part to see the full original post, in the thread, if you want to.

• Informative
Reactions: sbtz
Well, this is interesting: the values were all back to 3.5 this morning. That supports what @supratachophobia observed, i.e. the highest value is the one that sticks. I thought I had set some higher values than 3.5, but it could be that I was mistaken and when I stopped flddling with the equalizer, 3.5 was actually the highest value.

Tonight I'll try setting a different high-water value and see what happens.
More data, even more confusion!

1. Started with these settings, which had automatically reset overnight to be all the same value:
3.5 -- 3.5 -- 3.5 -- 3.5 -- 3.5

2. Changed the settings as follows:
5.5 -- 2.0 -- 3.0 -- 4.0 -- 5.0

3. In the morning, I had these settings:
6.0 -- 6.0 -- 6.0 -- 6.0 -- 6.0

This new high-water mark, 6.0, was not any of the previously set values!

Sure hope to see a fix soon.

One thing everyone that has this problem should do is send an email to Tesla [email protected] explaining the issue in an easy to understand way.

Wondering if anyone has learned more about this issue. Our settings randomly reset as well and the car is only 2 months old. Usually it resets to 1.0 but just yesterday it decided on 3.0. I sent a note to the suggested email address. Anxious to know if there is a fix on the horizon.

More data, even more confusion!

1. Started with these settings, which had automatically reset overnight to be all the same value:

2. Changed the settings as follows:

3. In the morning, I had these settings:

This new high-water mark, 6.0, was not any of the previously set values!

Sure hope to see a fix soon.
I can confirm that it doesn't reset back to the highest value. Our regularly reset to 1.0 for a few days although we had higher values set and then yesterday decide to reset to 3.0. It's like a little surprise every time we get in the car.