Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New estimated delivery on Tesla page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change for me. Still says Sep-Nov and edit button active.

AWD, Aero, EAP, FSD

I used to be day 1.5 reservation holder and canceled reservation few months back and decided to order in July 2018 after a test drive. I’ve waited this long so not a huge deal if I get it within the timeframe on my page. As long as I get it before Dec 31, 2018.

Reactions: PA ZU
No change for me. Still says Sep-Nov and edit button active.

AWD, Aero, EAP, FSD

I used to be day 1.5 reservation holder and canceled reservation few months back and decided to order in July 2018 after a test drive. I’ve waited this long so not a huge deal if I get it within the timeframe on my page. As long as I get it before Dec 31, 2018.

You are so right - Dec is the date that matters!!! I hope we all have that good luck!

Reactions: C141medic
Mine didn't change for a 4/1/16 reservation configuration of a blue AWD still shows Sep-Nov delivery.

Looks like they are completely prioritizing P-AWD cars before the end of the quarter to maximize profits.

Makes sense, the AWD and PAWD cars, until you add performance are basically identical. That's a huge amount of additional profit for Tesla on each one sold.

Last edited:
Mine didn't change for a 4/1/16 reservation configuration of a blue AWD still shows Sep-Nov delivery.

Looks like they are completely prioritizing P-AWD cars before the end of the quarter to maximize profits.

Makes sense, the AWD and PAWD cars, until you add performance are basically identical. That's a huge amount of additional profit for Tesla on each one sold.

I hope they prioritize EAP/FSD after that. I'm literally giving them $8,000 to flip two bits in software. One of them is to activate software that hasn't even been written yet. If that's not profit margin, I don't know what is.

Mine is a 3/31 reservation (online, after announcement)- also blue AWD non-P, and still showing Sep-Nov this morning... that said as of Monday it was supposedly on a train from Freemont to Alabama regional hub.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Mine was showing "Sept 18' - Nov 18'" until late Tuesday and then either late Tuesday or early Wednesday it changed to "Estimated delivery by Oct.'18". Btw, I have Solid black P3D, havent chosen the Performance upgrade package.

Having said that, if I click on the little info icon right next to the Overview (below "Prepare for delivery"), I see this. I was hoping the "prepare for delivery" items was checked as I dont have anything else to edit.
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 1.25.31 PM.png

I actually did leave it at AWD after that video. Then I test drove the performance...

Yeah I don't think it's a accident that they're not letting people test drive the awd version. I've heard people compliment the performance of both, but I've yet to hear a single account of someone actually testing both versions and comparing them.

This wait is like the night before Christmas when I was a kid, except the "night" lasts 4 months...

Mine was showing "Sept 18' - Nov 18'" until late Tuesday and then either late Tuesday or early Wednesday it changed to "Estimated delivery by Oct.'18". Btw, I have Solid black P3D, havent chosen the Performance upgrade package.

Having said that, if I click on the little info icon right next to the Overview (below "Prepare for delivery"), I see this. I was hoping the "prepare for delivery" items was checked as I dont have anything else to edit.

Well if it makes you feel better I have the second icon checked but I am not any closer. Nothing else to edit, still "By Oct". No edit button.

Yeah I don't think it's a accident that they're not letting people test drive the awd version. I've heard people compliment the performance of both, but I've yet to hear a single account of someone actually testing both versions and comparing them.

This wait is like the night before Christmas when I was a kid, except the "night" lasts 4 months...
Oh absolutely, they definitely shipped the P3D to test drive for a reason.

This guy has driven all 3:
Long watch but it’s helpful.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sg911