Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the "Alerts" listing: Does there have to be "There may be more posts after this" in every alert. It adds clutter without adding additional information. (I suspect that when people click on the alert they will be able to tell if there are additional posts.)

• Helpful
Reactions: danny and Auzie
In the "Alerts" listing: Does there have to be "There may be more posts after this" in every alert. It adds clutter without adding additional information. (I suspect that when people click on the alert they will be able to tell if there are additional posts.)
Personally, I edited my alerts and removed notifications for responses to my watched threads. I access those through the "watched threads" header, which is also my browser's bookmark for TMC. So the only alerts I get relate to people mentioning or quoting me, or any of the "rep" style responses. I find it a much cleaner setup than having alerts for every thread I'm watching (which admittedly is a lot).

This is a related small nit, for Danny and Doug.

If I see an alert showing that I was quoted in a thread, it would be great to have a link in that alert that would take me to my last read post in that thread as an option, instead of just the option to go directly to that post. If I choose to go directly to the post that quoted me, I then have to figure out where I stopped reading that thread. So the work-around is to use the alert only to see which thread I want to go read, and then use my "Watched Threads" list to go to the first unread post in that thread, and eventually I will get to the post that quoted me. A link to my first unread post in that thread, present in the alert, would be more efficient and direct.

Thanks!

Personally, I edited my alerts and removed notifications for responses to my watched threads. I access those through the "watched threads" header, which is also my browser's bookmark for TMC. So the only alerts I get relate to people mentioning or quoting me, or any of the "rep" style responses. I find it a much cleaner setup than having alerts for every thread I'm watching (which admittedly is a lot).

I've done the same. I realized very early on after the change that this is pretty much the only reasonable set-up for anyone who wants to use the alerts in any meaningful way and also has a large number of watched threads.

Trying to not be redundant as I reported this way upthread, but in case it was lost, it would be great to have the Replies and Views columns in thread view properly reflect the number of posts and thread views once again. (Saying "Replies: xxx" across both columns isn't very helpful.) THX
Thanks for pointing this out again. We are looking into what is causing this, as it is supposed to look like this:
Replies views.png

If you could provide a 'dark mode' so that we can have white text on black background that would be awesome for when I'm reading at night, all this bright light fools the brain into thinking it's day and makes getting to sleep harder.
Yes, dark mode coming soon.

Hard to really simulate the whole experience without full complement of members posting @ volume. Best way is to whack us with the cold fish and then scurry to patch up issues. The pace and scope of scurrying has been impressive. None of us except admins can fully appreciate how dilapidated the old platform was. Got to trust them on that.
Yeah, pretty much :)

The reaction buttons (thanks for those) are too small for fingers in the mobile browser, I have to be very slow and deliberate with them now. (See attached)
We deliberately made them small so as to keep them subtle, but I do see how this may be an issue on mobile. We'll look into whether or not we should adjust, at some point.

Can you explain how albums are supposed to work? I was able to create an album but don't see how to add to that album?
May I ask where exactly are you creating an album?

n the "Alerts" listing: Does there have to be "There may be more posts after this" in every alert. It adds clutter without adding additional information.
Thanks for sharing. Something to consider later on.

If I see an alert showing that I was quoted in a thread, it would be great to have a link in that alert that would take me to my last read post in that thread as an option, instead of just the option to go directly to that post.
Thanks. Again, something to consider later.

I never objected to the ads on the old site because they were 'relevant' to me, I.e. I might actually be interested in clicking through to see more. But the targeting on the new site seems to be VERY poor. I mean, this is just gross and I don't want to see it anymore!

On the old site you could have made a contribution to help support running the site, and one benefit of so-doing would have been getting an ad-free site. I can't seem to find the "donate" button on this new site, but I would guess the same policy is in effect. So if the ads really bother you, (or even if they don't), why not donate a few bucks?

This probably has come up already but is there a setting in either Chrome or Edge that will use the full screen width like before? I have 4" of dead space on each side of my monitor. Prior version used the full screen.
Look at the very far bottom left of the page and click on the icon of two arrows pointing away from each other. That should be a somewhat more efficient use of space.