Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. That's my experience as well!

Same here - I can create an album but have no permissions to do anything with it when finished. I've noticed that people have been using the "Example Category" to upload pictures (myself included), until we realized the non-intuitive "full" option after uploading pictures via "upload a file".

Please please reduce the blank/whitespace. My fingers hurt from scrolling to read the same amount of content than earlier. Why is there so much blank space after each post !

You may want to check out this thread to fix it yourself:
Forum stylesheets

This is what it looks like when you use my style sheet overrides:
Capture.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: ssq
I'd like to suggest that a Group's Events page be sorted in soonest event order. Now, the event furthest away is listed first and the next event is at the bottom.

An example: North Texas Tesla Owners Group | Tesla Motors Club
Thanks. Your suggestion is valid and I will see if I can get it implemented in the next update.

Same here - I can create an album but have no permissions to do anything with it when finished. I've noticed that people have been using the "Example Category" to upload pictures (myself included), until we realized the non-intuitive "full" option after uploading pictures via "upload a file".
Yeah, we'll get this cleaned up soon. We weren't sure there was going to be any interest in personal albums and such, but it seems there is :)

Please please reduce the blank/whitespace. My fingers hurt from scrolling to read the same amount of content than earlier. Why is there so much blank space after each post ! :(
I am working on both dark and condensed versions of our theme. Please give us some time.

Where did blog posts go...?
We have them still. More on that later.

• Informative
Reactions: omarsultan
Capture.PNG
While trying to type and post a response to a thread, I get the following (yes, the text is *that* big on a 2560x1440 monitor)... what meaneth by "blocked"?

I'm trying to post a reply here:
Can't connect to Car.....

Obviously I'm not completely blocked, as I can post in this thread.

EDIT: Apparently some of my text offends TMC. The following text triggers it (without the hyphen):

FlasherZ said:
Once the fob receiver goes to s-leep (to save battery in the fob), you'll need to double-click the fob to wake the receiver back up, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here.

(Remove the hyphen to recreate. There's some text filter triggering a block on that sentence when the hyphen is removed from sleep. I can retype that paragraph without the hyphens and it tells me I'm blocked again, so there's no weird embedded formatting.)

EDIT again: Found it. Apparently the board won't let me use parentheses with the word sleep because it thinks I'm trying to defeat some type of security and have the forum software go to... s-leep (create race conditions or something)?!

Blech. Completely stupid and useless filter. FORUM SOFTWARE - you know, where you might discuss computer code?! - should never improperly block text instead of properly managing/escaping text. I've tried escaping it with "code" tags, but no go. This reminds me of the crap in the old TMC style sheets that would mangle my MongoDB code... properly escape / guard text fields and you won't have to mangle it!

Last edited:
While trying to type and post a response to a thread, I get the following (yes, the text is *that* big on a 2560x1440 monitor)... what meaneth by "blocked"?

Funny thing this happened to me also earlier today. I do not know what it reacted on, I just clicked the the big "X" and continued to write my replay, and posted it without any more problem.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100
EDIT again: Found it. Apparently the board won't let me use parentheses with the word sleep because it thinks I'm trying to defeat some type of security and have the forum software go to... s-leep (create race conditions or something)?!

Sleep is a Mysql (and PHP) function, so Cloudflare thinks you're trying to do some sort of sql injection attack.

So it's barfing at this text: Slëep(

Sleep is a Mysql (and PHP) function, so Cloudflare thinks you're trying to do some sort of sql injection attack.

Well, I know it's a function in nearly every programming language. But I'm sorry, using sleep with parentheses immediately following it is not the only indication of programming, or a SQL injection attack... FFS, there's not even any SQL immediately following, just English. How do programmers use forums with this filter on to talk about code?!

So this is a CloudFlare thing? @danny, let me know if this is a configurable setting or not. If it's not, I'll go bug a friend of mine about his crappy product. :)

So it's barfing at this text: Slëep(

Yes. Regardless of whether there's really any SQL, PHP, Python, C, C++, C#, Go, Ruby, csh, or any other syntax behind it.

Last edited:
...So this is a CloudFlare thing? @danny, let me know if this is a configurable setting or not. If it's not, I'll go bug a friend of mine about his crappy product. :)

Another forum I was a part of migrated to Cloudflare and introduced a number of the same challenges. I for one, just learned to work around them as I didn't have anyone to complain to and the board admins there didn't have either the knowledge or perhaps clout with Cloudflare to do anything about it. ;)

I don't know if this has been brought up, but I really miss being able to see the number of people viewing a forum. It was a great way to determine if there may be something newsworthy happening somewhere, and it was also fun to monitor the number of viewers as Model X was rolling out and as Model 3 news comes out. Any chance of this info being displayed again?

1. Please get rid of the default reply with quote. Default should be reply without quote.
This is available at the bottom of the page and works very similarly to the old site. If you clicked the reply button at the bottom of a post in the old forum, it would include the quote. If you clicked the big "Reply" button near the bottom of the last post, it wouldn't include any quotes.
2. When I reply to my own posts, it should append the text to the existing post...
It would be nice to have this feature if we could control it. There were complaints before about how it did this even with posts 30 minutes apart. Sometimes I want separate posts consecutively.

• Love
Reactions: Andyw2100