Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wedding dress ads are appearing on this site. Someone must be tagging words or something.o_O
The top band banner seems to be powered by google ads and bottom by quantcast. If you go anonymous sometimes it is random (but trend toward cars and Tesla related ads), but if you do some searching on google or are tracked on some other site that uses quantcast, then it will reflect whatever you have been searching recently.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone
Wedding dress ads are appearing on this site. Someone must be tagging words or something.o_O

That says more about what you have been searching for than what other TMC users have been tagging/searching.

I went on a trip to a Sandals resort two weeks ago. For some reason, Google thinks I want to take *another* Sandals vacation, and most of my banner ads are Sandals. Come on!! At least wait a few months before trying to sell me another trip.

In a very minor note, I want to thank @doug & @danny for changing the font/spacing in the left postbit user info panel so my username doesn't wrap on the last character. It now properly fits on one line! Thanks!

Reactions: danny
So we already made considerable changes to tighten up unnecessary white space in our last visual update. However, we are now taking that even further with a condensed version which you can now access in the bottom left of your screen by clicking on the button that says "TMC 2016".

View attachment 170093

You will then be presented with a window where you can select "TMC 2016 Condensed".

View attachment 170092

Please of course let us know if you see any issues that obviously are not by design.

I don't see a difference between condensed and normal except that it made everything smaller, just like clicking "Command -" (on PC, "Control -")

It's always funny when someone doesn't know ads are targeted and based on their search history. It's like a window into their soul.

At least Wedding Dresses aren't as embarrassing as some obscure, fetish dating site... although one could assume that search came a few months before the wedding.

Well my foray into the Condensed theme ended quickly as I do 90% of my browsing on mobile.
image.png

Interesting. Use bing
It's always funny when someone doesn't know ads are targeted and based on their search history. It's like a window into their soul.

At least Wedding Dresses aren't as embarrassing as some obscure, fetish dating site... although one could assume that search came a few months before the wedding.

Except I always have known that. Only use bing if I ever need to search and only use inprivate browsing, hence why I said it must be someone else fault ie tagging. :)

Bringing up fetish dating, out of all the things you could have said, reveals something about you. We now know where you find your date(s). :eek:

What is the font (typeface) being used by default in our posts these days?

I made a post, changed the font for an excerpt from another source, and then could not seem to perfectly match the typeface for the text I wanted to continue adding myself to the typeface at the beginning of the post.

Thanks.

Looks like it's Roboto 14px for initial messages and 12px for quotes.

Thanks.

So assuming that is the case, since that typeface is not selectable in the editing fields, how would we change back to it after changing to a different typeface?

(Sorry for showing my lack of HTML knowledge. I can usually manage, but this one has me baffled.)

Edit: I solved my own problem. I edited the post in question, and hit the wrench icon, which said "use BB editor" to bring up the HTML code. I then saw that default text must be using a style sheet or something, as it had no font coding before and after it, while the text I had changed did. So I left the font coding in place for the text I wanted to look different, but then removed the font coding from the text I wanted to look the same, and that worked.

Edit 2: It might be helpful if the admins added the typeface being used to those that are selectable in the dropdown box.

Edit 3: Who says I'm "Type A?" Just because I've now spent around 30 minutes trying to make the type look correct in one of my 5143 posts on an internet forum DOES NOT make me Type A.

Last edited:
Suggestion: Add a link to "Watch Thread" at the bottom of the page, to the far right above the reply box. It can be in line with the pagination links. I often read through an entire thread but don't have anything to contribute. However, I want to watch it. So it currently requires the fatiguing (...) task of scrolling to the top of the page.

Suggestion: Add a link to "Watch Thread" at the bottom of the page, to the far right above the reply box. It can be in line with the pagination links. I often read through an entire thread but don't have anything to contribute. However, I want to watch it. So it currently requires the fatiguing (...) task of scrolling to the top of the page.

Yes! I also asked for this about a week ago.