Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to filter the "New Posts" to limit to North American forums--I am trying to eliminate have non-English threads show up in the feed?
A few of us asked for this as well. I think some functionality with "Watched Forums" could provide this. Currently you can only have new posts in your watched forums show up in alerts or email, neither of which is very useful. But if we could have a similar "New Posts" feed for only our watched forums.. that would be ideal.

Reactions: Cyclone
Found an annoying UI issue when using an iPhone to browse the new-look TMC:

On the iPhone if you try to search the forums by tapping on the little magnifying glass icon near the top right, you get a search field with black text on a dark-grey background (the dark TMC banner/heading) - impossible to see what you're typing!!

There are some views (eg when iPhone in landscape orientation) where you can find a "search forums" link at bottom left of the TMC header, and that opens up a normal white search page, so no problem there if you first click that link. Also when using an iPad, you don't get the black-on-dark-grey search field either.

If you're already a Supporting Member from the old system ads won't show up. If you whitelist TMC, that message should go away.

I am a supporting member, and have not been seeing ads. So thanks for that.

I tried to direct someone to the donate link in a post a while back, but could not find it on the revamped site. Was that an oversight or an intentional omission, or am I just missing it?

Thanks!

I tried to direct someone to the donate link in a post a while back, but could not find it on the revamped site. Was that an oversight or an intentional omission, or am I just missing it?
I looked for it (and I think @FlasherZ asked about it early in this thread), but didn't find it either. I'm just assuming TMC is flush with loot after this upgrade.

On the iPhone if you try to search the forums by tapping on the little magnifying glass icon near the top right, you get a search field with black text on a dark-grey background (the dark TMC banner/heading) - impossible to see what you're typing!!
Oh yeah, I'll try get this one fixed tonight, its an easy one :)

I tried to direct someone to the donate link in a post a while back, but could not find it on the revamped site.
We'll try provide a solution for this at some point, but just got other stuff to take care of at the moment. Thanks for bringing it up though.

May I add, how much I like the little red up and down arrow button that pops up in the lower right corner. 1208 had a poll request to have a floating title a while back. I had agreed with him since I spent a lot of time scrolling up and down to read the posts and figure out what the title/thread was about. The red button in the corner took care of that in an instant. Nice.

Oh yeah, I'll try get this one fixed tonight, its an easy one :)
Ok, this is now fixed :)

@JRP3,

I find the red up and down button work best with IPads & IPhones. I tap the lower right hand corner on the mobile devices and the red bar pops up. With my desktop, you are correct, I just use the scroll bar on the right.

With the older site, I had to manually "pull" the site down to see the title thread on my IPad. The IPad only displays the generic "teslamotorsclub.com" and doesn't give the thread name or any more detailed information in the https: which we can see on the desktop.

This makes the red button on the corner very useful for me. Now I can tap on the corner, pull up the red button, flash to the title of the thread, and flash back down to the last thread which I am reading.

This was why I had agreed with 1208 with the previous forum that the thread title should follow the posts that we are reading at that time. I was spending too much time manually scrolling back up to the title of the thread to get a sense of what was going on.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
I want to reiterate a request. When clicking a thread title with no new messages, I think the most desirable behavior is to have it take me to the last post in the thread. Currently the behavior is to take me to the first post. I generally return to these threads to re-read the last messages, not to start over. But maybe I'm alone wanting this behavior.