Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to reiterate a request. When clicking a thread title with no new messages, I think the most desirable behavior is to have it take me to the last post in the thread. Currently the behavior is to take me to the first post. I generally return to these threads to re-read the last messages, not to start over. But maybe I'm alone wanting this behavior.
Totally agree!

I want to reiterate a request. When clicking a thread title with no new messages, I think the most desirable behavior is to have it take me to the last post in the thread. Currently the behavior is to take me to the first post. I generally return to these threads to re-read the last messages, not to start over. But maybe I'm alone wanting this behavior.
Agree this is the preferred solution, assuming of course TMC elects to not distinguish between what the red dot and clicking the title now do in the redesign (sorry, couldn't help myself ;)).

Personally, I'm ok with the behavior that's there, for a couple of reasons:

1. First, frequently I refer to some sticky-wiki posts (like my FAQ), where I'd want clicking on the link to send me to the meat of the content -- the first post.
2. Second, if someone has ever used the "mark forums read" function, then searched for a thread (for example, a new problem with his/her car), clicking would send him/her to the middle or end instead of to the beginning.

I was fine with the original forum's behavior (thread link always goes to first page), but rather like the new functionality as well (thread link goes to new messages if any, otherwise first post). The last page number is always displayed if you want to go to the end.

Capture.PNG

We've added support for push notifications via Pushbullet. Pushbullet offers both free and paid versions, however to get TMC alerts on your device, all you'll need is the free version. You can download Pushbullet for the following platforms:
There is also support for Safari, Opera and Firefox.
You'll want to setup Pushbullet on your device/s.

To receive TMC alerts via Pushbullet, follow the these steps:
  1. If you don't already have a Pushbullet, go ahead and create one here: Pushbullet - Your devices working better together. Note that Pushbullet uses your Google or Facebook login to create a Pushbullet account.
  2. Mouse over you profile icon in the top right and choose "External Accounts".
    Ext. Accounts.png
  3. Scroll down and click on "Associate with Pushbullet".
    Pushbullet associate.png

4. If you are not yet signed in to Pushbullet, or you skipped step 1, you will be prompted to login and if necessary create an account.
    Registration.png

5. Next you'll want to grant access.
    chooes approve.png

6. Next you'll want to choose the device/s that you'll be receiving the push notifications, and also specify which kinds of alerts you'd like to receive.
    Alerts.png
  7. Hit save and enjoy!

Sorry to quote myself here, but I just want to say that a workaround for this is to hit the link to the time of the last post - listed on the right as shown in the attached image. This takes you to the top of the last post.
Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 12.43.36 PM.png

Sorry to quote myself here, but I just want to say that a workaround for this is to hit the link to the time of the last post - listed on the right as shown in the attached image. This takes you to the top of the last post.
FYI, I made a change a while back so that avatar next to the link will also bring you to that last post. That's hopefully more finger and mouse pointer friendly.

• Helpful
Reactions: BertL and Andyw2100
The post number count thing (with the up and down post arrows) has a small bug with the denominator not updating in real time. If you are at the last post (say 8/8) and typing a response, and someone else posts and you click the "view new posts" message that pops up, it will show 9/8 on the post counter. Also, will not update if you just make a post and scroll down. I got it to say 8/6 on one thread by viewing the new post and then posting my own. It will fix itself if you refresh.

• Informative
Reactions: danny
I've now got use to the new site and, while I would still like the old one back, the new one is growing on me. My ego took a hit when all my hard earned my reputation points were wiped out (which I got mostly from telling people off -- and having a bad attitude -- which gave me the best reputation) but I'm (almost) over that now. The really hard part is that I was so close to getting the free pony when the change happened! :)

Thanks Doug (the Canadian one only ;) ) for all you do here! (And to everyone else who keep this place humming along.:D)

Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX and danny
That's what you get for keeping your changes secret!
I think I mentioned it a while back. Did it the same time I made the avatar on the left of the thread list go to first unread.

The post number count thing (with the up and down post arrows) has a small bug with the denominator not updating in real time.
That's a feature.

Thanks Doug (the Canadian one only ;) ) for all you do here!
Not me then, but thanks anyways. :)

Reactions: Canuck
My ego took a hit when all my hard earned my reputation points were wiped out (which I got mostly from telling people off -- and having a bad attitude -- which gave me the best reputation)

Since I didn't know about 'reputation' before, I can't tell if this is sarcasm. If true however, it goes against the recent touchy-feely, 'spread nothing but love and joy' campaign against the "dislike" button. People have pointed to a single dislike as an 'abuse of the system' but meanwhile previous reputation points were given for having a bad attitude or telling people off. (Which I can totally believe happening.) That's sort of the problem with positive reinforcement being the only option.

I think 'ego' is an apt word too as I sensed a lot of that in people's issues with the 'dislike'.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohmman
Anyone else finding the forums loading slowly lately, in the last few days to a week or so?
Yes, intermittent slowdowns upon occasion every day, but after a few second stall, within a minute or so, it's back to normal for me. Pages with multiple high-res photos seem to stall out with only parts of the pictures appearing upon occasion as well.

Last edited:
Anyone else finding the forums loading slowly lately, in the last few days to a week or so?

So I did some experimenting timing how long it took to open various links on the site. Most threads seem to take about 11-12 seconds, longer if there are a lot of pictures, clicking on Watched Threads takes about 6-8 seconds, seemingly dependent upon how many unread threads show up, though the first click after being away just now took 21 seconds to open. Unfortunately for TMC, enabling my ad blocker speeds things up significantly, seems to cut times almost in half.

The main issue I have with thread loading is the scripting that moves you to the latest post. I think that's the thing that is bothering people, because what seems to happen is that you're moved to the correct spot on the page immediately, but then when images are being rendered above your location, it leaves you in no-mans-land for a while, until the entire page has loaded. I don't have a good suggestion to work around this behavior, but I'll mention that if people got their wish for 100 posts per page, this would become nearly impossible to negotiate.

Ads should load asynchronously, so you shouldn't have to wait for them to go about your business. Images are edge cached via CDN, but are typically embedded at full resolution, so if you're waiting for them it's either the first time your region has seen them or maybe your network connection.
The spot in the page moving around as images load was a problem we also had with the old software, except that you got left in "no-mans-land". At least now you eventually get to where you're going.