Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the clean look, but I wish things were more condensed. I feel like I zoomed in on accident; everything seems much larger, especially avatars. I am sure there are a bunch of upgrades that were made behind the scenes that I will come to know and love, but in terms of quickly accessing information, it seems to be a step backward. I will also miss the reputation system if it has indeed been retired. It was helpful in the investment forum.

I preferred it when you could access subforums from upper level forums.

For example, before I could go to the Canada subforum directly, now I have to go North America then Canada.

On the main forum, under North America, you can hover over the folder icon and it will bring up the subforums and you can click to Canada. I realize this is still a two step process, but you don't need to load an additional page.

The #1 thing I always sought out in the old TMC site was "What's New" -- seriously, #1, #2, and #3 thing I always did. Now there's no "What's New."

Also, the new look and feel violates lots of Edward Tufte design rules. Way too many lines, shaded areas, etc. Makes everything so visually busy. I'm disappointed.

Users almost universally hate new interfaces when they're first rolled out - they're used to the old one. I'm going to give it a few weeks before I form an opinion - or at least try to give it some time.

But I do have one big beef - HOW COULD YOU UPDATE THIS FORUM WHEN I'M JUST A COUPLE WEEKS FROM DELIVERY? :mad: TALK ABOUT WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS! I COULD HAVE CROAKED THIS WEEKEND WITHOUT THESE FORUMS!! Ya really should have waited.

;)

I like the clean look, but I wish things were more condensed. I feel like I zoomed in on accident; everything seems much larger, especially avatars. I am sure there are a bunch of upgrades that were made behind the scenes that I will come to know and love, but in terms of quickly accessing information, it seems to be a step backward. I will also miss the reputation system if it has indeed been retired. It was helpful in the investment forum.

Exactly, all these fancy new web page designs have lower information density, make the information density the same as it was before and I'll be happy.