Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the twitter this morning, I hope this is true: All cars with FSD will be upgraded to HW3 regardless if it it HW2 or HW2.5. FSD order will also enable Sentry and Dashcam to HW2 when upgraded to HW3. Could someone corroborate?

No one can corroborate that right now. It would just be a conjecture at this point and nothing based on fact for sure.

No one can corroborate that right now. It would just be a conjecture at this point and nothing based on fact for sure.
I agree. Would be good if HW3 upgrade was confirmed in the FSD upgrade cost. Would make it an easier decision to spend the $2K. Also, can the $500 credit I received for referral be used towards FSD upgrade? Don’t see anyway to use it online.

Reactions: Gt1948
Based on the twitter this morning, I hope this is true: All cars with FSD will be upgraded to HW3 regardless if it is HW2 or HW2.5.

Yes, in terms of getting the new HW3 computer for free if you have FSD, that's confirmed.
  • 27 Dec 2018: Confirmed by Elon here
  • 19 Feb 2019: Confirmed by Elon here at 17:23
  • 11 Mar 2019: Confirmed by Elon here
In addition, Elon said the computer swap will be easy. See the tweet here on 11 Dec 2018.

FSD order will also enable Sentry and Dashcam to HW2 when upgraded to HW3.
That part is unknown.

Personally I don't believe anything Elon says anymore. He has totally lost credibility.

Sentry & Dashcam? I doubt it. Those require MCU 2.5, not HW 3. HW3 without buying the new definition of FSD doesn't do anything helpful. No?

Will anyone ever get real, take-a-nap- while- driving FSD? How much will that cost?

• Love
Reactions: BinaryField
Personally I don't believe anything Elon says anymore. He has totally lost credibility.

Sentry & Dashcam? I doubt it. Those require MCU 2.5, not HW 3. HW3 without buying the new definition of FSD doesn't do anything helpful. No?

Will anyone ever get real, take-a-nap- while- driving FSD? How much will that cost?

Pretty sure it’s AP 2.5, so HW 2.5 not MCU. MCU is what controls your screen. At least right now don’t see a good reason it couldn’t do sentry or dash cam, we will have to wait and see.

I’m debating on pulling the trigger to FSD. Still have a few days to decide. My wife also has a 3 and wants nothing to do with autonomy lol.

Here is the final version of Tesla Autopilot & Fully Self-Driving Pricing After 28 Feb 2019 based on latest reports from buyers.

YxBzjGk.gif
And just to be sure (and no, I am not trying to be difficult), I trust that none of this affects AP1 cars. In other words, my car has AP (not sure it was ever called "EAP") and was bought before 2/28/2019, and has all the features in bracket C, but won't ever have bracket D features as an option. I also doubt we will get advanced Summon even though it is in the bracket C list above.
I have been concerned that we might lose something out of the features we have now when this conversation started and the features in the blue area were being mentioned as part of FSD. So, in that sense, I hope that this diagram is accurate for AP1 as well, except for Advanced Summon.

I got dog mode and the traffic lane red line if try to turn into someone, whatever it is called, but still waiting for the big stuff like slow down and make a turn etc. If my Mercedes can slow and make a 90 degree turn then the Tesla should as well. But it is coming this year I hear??
Have you enabled autopilot in your settings? Since it is Beta, you need to go there, accept it and then turn the features on. If you have dog mode, you have AP software and (assuming AP has been turned on for your car) you should be able to enable autopilot. Autopilot does currently slow down for traffic in front of it and for turns (especially exit ramps/cloverleafs...almost too much at times) and it does take/follow turns on the highway and on roads.

Pretty sure it’s AP 2.5, so HW 2.5 not MCU. MCU is what controls your screen. At least right now don’t see a good reason it couldn’t do sentry or dash cam, we will have to wait and see.
It is truly astounding that no one has been able to get an answer on that simple a question. How hard is it for Tesla to let people know whether Sentry Mode and Dash Cam are MCU or AP HW based? Can't a journalist with a little clout ask that simple question?

Reactions: fbitz777 and Gt1948