Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Headlights and Taillights Confirmed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Filter

MS LR Blue/White
Jun 2, 2015
United States
Looks like Tesla confirmed the new taillights, as well as improved headlights. I really don't care about the taillights, but I do wish I had the improved headlights..
Link to story below.

Reactions: onshi
manufactured in US, yes...but shipped to other regions.

I agree, poor planning on Tesla's part but don't be fooled. This was intentional. They needed to increase the sales for the S and X in Q3/Q4 of '21, so they pushed the refreshed versions out for NA.
This is probably why the car was also $10-15k cheaper last year for the early adaptors.

• Disagree
Reactions: cwanja
This is probably why the car was also $10-15k cheaper last year for the early adaptors.
I highly doubt that new headlights/tailights are why the car was $15k cheaper a year ago. There is no way the opening price can last at $95k. Just not worth it and I own one, but at the $15k reduction. This stuff should have been included when it came out and not now.

These tail and head light changes will probably start showing up in the NA cars in the next couple months. The charge port might either be what is seen in those demo units or the same as what it is now with just the door changed.

These tail and head light changes will probably start showing up in the NA cars in the next couple months. The charge port might either be what is seen in those demo units or the same as what it is now with just the door changed.
Saw in the main delivery thread that Fremont factory already retooled it last night and will be producing S with new lights in the next couple of weeks. Of course who knows if that is true or not.