Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we have a delivery date on 9/22 2pm that was set by Tesla. we replied back to the texts as it said and no response back. but we will be away 9/20-25. from the look of it, unless the car gets to paramus early, someone will have that car since Tesla is known to give 2-3 days window and release the car if you can't pick it up during those days.

we have a delivery date on 9/22 2pm that was set by Tesla. we replied back to the texts as it said and no response back. but we will be away 9/20-25. from the look of it, unless the car gets to paramus early, someone will have that car since Tesla is known to give 2-3 days window and release the car if you can't pick it up during those days.

Can’t believe they won’t give at least a week. Especially since we have to wait weeks. Here’s hoping you get it early or they keep it held for you.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Delivery truck is coming to NJ on 24th so most of them are picking up on 25, 26, 27. Wait is over!

I’m excited for you guys.
I received a VIN on 9/9 and still waiting on my delivery date notification at Springfield even though one person ordered the same spec’d MY one day after me and he got his delivery date scheduled.

My SA guy at Springfield, Lee, told me it could be because of weather issues on the West Coast. I don’t buy it..... definitely frustrating.

This wait is killing me lol! It's definitely a bizarre way to buy a car. Finalizing my sale to Vroom today/tomorrow -- hoping they pick up before my scheduled MY delivery date of 9/24 in Paramus. A bit concerned about any delays in the delivery day, as I'll be away that weekend and don't want to miss my 3-day window.

I’m excited for you guys.
I received a VIN on 9/9 and still waiting on my delivery date notification at Springfield even though one person ordered the same spec’d MY one day after me and he got his delivery date scheduled.

My SA guy at Springfield, Lee, told me it could be because of weather issues on the West Coast. I don’t buy it..... definitely frustrating.
I know how it feels. I ordered in July, most of them who ordered in Aug, pickedbup their MY's with same cinfig as mine. Never got a rationale response from my SA. I even thought of placing another order and see if it gets a response faster and lose the other $100. Such a bad way of prioritization by Tesla.

Hello, fellow Jersey people. Man shipping times have sped up.

I ordered back in June but did not get the car until early August. There is an older NJ waiting room thread and you can read the same waiting woes there lol.

The wait is worth it!

I am one week away. Getting from Paramus. Does anyone have any suggestions on wheel savers? I am in Jersey City, will be garage kept but still a bit concerned. Also, new to the idea of the ppf for the car, what are you all doing about that?

Order a bunch of accessories prior to delivery.

Center Console:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SM7XCPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08972WFZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screen protector:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B087JKYR4Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Floor/Trunk/Frunk Mats:
Tesmanian mats and organizer. Thought about the other popular ones and am concerned about getting into the smaller sub trunk. But with winter I figured i wouldn't mind the rubber.

Anyone get anything else?

I was at the Paramus dealership yesterday picking up some charging accessories I will need. My pickup date is still scheduled for the 24th. Place was a madhouse — lots of deliveries and activity in general. Also got my first in-person listen of the Pedestrian Warning System. It’s interesting...

Got a quote on a full PPF wrap of the exterior for $6,500. Don’t think it’s worth it especially because I move through cars pretty quickly.

@neilieooo make sure to grab a flash drive or SSD for Sentry Mode as well.