Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi folks,
I am new here and in the beginning stage of researching on a new Model 3.

What kind of a dedicated plug would I need to have an electrician install to allow fast charging.

Thanks for any feedback given.
Install a high-quality, industrial NEMA 14-50 (50amp, 40amp continuous charge rate) if you really want a generic plug. Better yet, buy a Tesla High Power Wall Charger for $500 and install that.:)

Tesla can give you a quote through their electronic system. They’ll have you take some photos. They did a great job installing mine.

Thanks
I am looking at your same configuration. Did you get white or black interior, I am looking at white. What is FSD? How many miles so far. Did you have a standard NEMA 14-50 put in or a Tesla charger?

It’s pretty straightforward install ...if u post up a thread with some pics of ur breaker box and general logistics ..length of run position of outlet ..plenty of members here are knowledgeable to give good advice and recommendations

i have thought about trying to do it myself, my only hesitation really is that the main breaker box is outside and i'd have to run the wire through the outside wall...if there were room in the sub panel in my garage i'd probably just do it myself.

ah, not available in CA...darn. thanks though!

I live in Placer County and found a whole list for my area.
I got a quote of between 700-1500 depending on how far installation is from my box. In my case it will be inside just opposite my box outside. I sent in photos to get an accurate estimate. Also whether I want a Tesla charger installed or a NEMA outlet will determine cost.