Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That usually indicates an inadequate load rating. Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc - they most typically refuse to mount tires or wheels that don't match the vehicle safety specs.
This is not the case, in fact they actually mention they are designed to fit many Tesla models. Heck even their warranty page shows a Model 3. See here

The Spider model uses Flow Forged technology. This produces lighter and stronger wheels than a regular gravity casting construction. The Spider is part of the RTX OE series and is designed to fit many Tesla models. With its durable finish choices and a modern 3D multi-spoke design, the Spider is a perfect option to upgrade or replace damaged OEM rims. The winter-approved finish makes it the ideal choice to give a base vehicle a lavish appearance all year long.

Please report if someone already ordered these 18s and fit them successfully with the MYP.
I did. This is my MYP with them. No issues.
TeslaMYP.jpg

I may be doing something wrong, but DiscountTire does not recognize the RTX spider 18" as compatible with the LR Model Y and I was unable to get a shipping cost or final price.
Discount Tires website quit listing 18" wheels for the MY sometime over winter. In the store, on their computer they did come up with a list of wheels that were compatible. I don't recall if they had RTX Spiders on the list. They had no problem ordering these 18" MB Crux, installing, and mounting my oversized tire choice (255/55-18 awesome for curbs). Mine is a MYLR.
PXL_20220506_201539891 (1).jpg

This is not the case, in fact they actually mention they are designed to fit many Tesla models. Heck even their warranty page shows a Model 3. See here
Yep, to clarify I was talking about Tire Rack and Discount Tire - they won't sell tires or wheels that don't hit the OEM spec....see below for clarity.
IF I looked this correctly, Tesla wants a load index of 98V for the Model Y LR/P. 98V is rated for 1653 lbs. The RTX spider is rated for 1650 lbs.
You're mixing tire specs with wheels specs - not the same. The factory 19" Model Y "tire" load index is 104. And downsizing to an 18" tire, you still need to match or exceed the 104. I am not sure where you got 98V, but that tire doesn't meet spec for Model Y. That said, the 'wheel' load rating for Model Y is 700kg. Need at least 700kg load rating for Model Y wheels to hit spec. For instance, the T Sportline Model Y 18" has a 750kg load rating, as tested by TUV. All T Sportline wheels are fully tested to the JWL, VIA, SAE J2530 & TÜV standard.

Hope this helps clarify! Happy day fellas! PM if you have any questions :)

I did. This is my MYP with them. No issues. View attachment 803141
That seals it, gonna order the 18s and sell the 21's. We are 70 years old and don't want to deal with a flat or a scuffed wheel on a new PMY. Plus the meatier sideways makes the Y look more "substantial" more like a real SUV than the pretty 21s. I feel better when the wife is driving knowing she has more protection from the Illinois roads.

Since I ordered the MSM I'm leaning towards the silver-painted wheels to break up the monotone a dark wheel offers. Plus they are more in line with our taste.

Reactions: jstepy and Daekwan
The 18's won't protect you from punctures. I got a Modern spare (bolt in tire within 3 days of ownership). Their jack is great. Came in handy when I got a screw in the same tire. That said, the 18's look good to me too.

Tsportline's Memorial Day sale started, 10% and free shipping. I'm still waiting for my MYLR7 I ordered in Aug to show up, but plan to get an 18" winter setup. Obviously I have time since I'm still waiting for the car and hardly any winter tires are in stock... is this the best deal, or should I keep waiting?