Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Octopus Go tariff and off peak options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its only when you really look at threads like this that you realise just how much more the North of Scotland is paying versus the South coast.... and because its colder up here we need to use it more. Logically its completely upside down as most of the energy is coming fron the North. My "Cheap" Agile day yesterday was £1.07 for 9.6kW.. still saved me about 30% on the previous tariff.

Got a result today, Octopus refused to get into a conversation with me over smart meter install and said I’d have to get current supplier SSE to do it, this was a month ago.

SSE said no because their computer told them there was no mobile signal where I live, so I complained to them and got a call back this week. I made the point I can get 2G/3G/4G for at least 2 mobile networks on my phone at the meter point location.

Resulting in confirmation today that smart meter going in next Friday, meaning I can switch to Octopus and use @Mr Miserable ’s referral code !

Its only when you really look at threads like this that you realise just how much more the North of Scotland is paying versus the South coast.... and because its colder up here we need to use it more. Logically its completely upside down as most of the energy is coming fron the North. My "Cheap" Agile day yesterday was £1.07 for 9.6kW.. still saved me about 30% on the previous tariff.

Surely its just the additional cost of distribution. Bigger geography / smaller population = higher cost per kWh?